Buying a brand new overhead crane is going to cost me a fortune, so I'm looking to get a used overhead crane. Does anyone know if there's a safety risk associated with this? Whilst crane auctions seem appealing because of the initial promise of low cost equipment, not all is as it may seem because there are a number of outside costs I'm probably not aware of, and potential safety issues. The most popular options I can find of sourcing second hand crane comes from crane auctions such as the ones happening in Spain. Besides approaching crane owners directly the other alternative is to go through crane suppliers that sell on used cranes . Benny
Are you speaking of overhead bridge cranes, pedestal jibs or something else?
Welcome to the Forums benny-lifting. Are you affiliated with Harold Potter, the crane company in your link?:cool2
I like your signature CM1995!!! Coming out with guns blazing!
Dear Benny, What lifting capacity and span do you require? There are no safety issues with used cranes as long as they have certificates for the rope and Test Load.