Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Using a 450 dozer for pulling a disc harrow?

Black71gp · 2015-09-07 10:34

Hello, I have a project coming up. About 6+ acres I need to smooth out and plant pasture mix for horses. Right now it's over grown field and super rough, been brush hogging it down but it's slow due to how bouncy and rough the ground is trying to mow. I have a 6' disc harrow dual row, but it's a little big for the tractor I have. I also have my 450e Deere dozer 75hp, I thought I could use if I got a pull type disc? Anyone have an idea what size I could pull with it? I'm planning on mowing it down, spraying the weeds what I can, then disc and disc and disc some more to smooth it all out, plant seed and grass and will be easier to mow. 8' 10'? Dual row? Would have to be a pull type, and I have no aux hydraulics on the dozer either. Thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1lantraxco2015-09-07 13:16

    One place I worked we pulled a 8 foot disc with a 450C sometimes, never seemed to be any issues once you got the hang of it... they don't like to make turns as I recall, lol.

  2. #2clintm2015-09-07 21:37

    does the dozer have a 6 way blade on it .what I have done on my 850G case is put hydraulic quick couplers on the tilt cyld on the back of the blade set the blade level unhook the hoses make long hoses to run over the cab from the front at the blade back to the draw bar and just use the tilt function to raise and lower the wheeled disc harrow .I think mine is about a 9' wide offset disc I done the same thing about 18 years ago on a 650G deer dozer but if I remember right I tied in at the control valve the seems to be easier at the blade. just tie the hoses to the rops good