Good morning, I have a 2005 cat 420D with aux hydraulics on the hoe end. I currently have the electric foot switch to turn the flow on or off for a hoe-pack or breaker, and 2 lines on the boom. I would like to install a grapple with rotation on it, it has a small electric over hydraulic valve bank built into it So the question is, could I hook the 2 lines going to the grapple up to the 2 lines on my aux hydraulic, hit the foot switch to on in my machine to flow hydraulic to the EH valve bank on the grapple, and use the switches that come with the grapple to control it? Hope this makes sense And thanks in advance for any expertise out there
If your attachment is designed for constant power, yes. I'm not familiar with Cat but some products you can set up the profile in the monitor. For example single or bi-directional flow, gpm, how it's activated, like foot pedal, push button momentary , push on/ push off, full on, variable etc. This could make operation smoother. Not having to work a pedal, the EH controller and a function simultaneously. Good luck