Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

V378 runs at an idle but no faster

Steven P Jones · 2024-06-10 15:21

I have a 55B loader that starts and run at an idle but will not accurate past an idle. Linkage to PT Pump is functioning as best I can tell. Removed hood to better access the situation. Nothing easy about this as this machine is powered with the Cummins V378 engine that has the pump buried under the intake manifold plumbing. Previous owner said ran fine last fall but developed this issue after setting over the winter with out being ran. They changed the fuel filters to know avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 1976 model ? Serial # 433B-617-CAC Pic of tag on pump

Replies2
  1. #1Dave Neubert2024-06-17 19:56

    Pump needs to be rebuilt

  2. #2thepumpguysc2024-06-17 20:07

    I’ll have to have a pic of the pump or name plate before I offer any ideas..