Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Valmet 886k

Capic · 2023-05-18 08:52

Can someone help me I have a Volvo Valmet 886k forwarder I need some kind of manual for it,have problems with brake system

Replies7
  1. #1Mike L2023-05-18 19:28

    I never knew Volvo and valmet built anything together. IIRC, valmet was bought out by komatsu. maybe try your local dealer?

  2. #2Capic2023-05-18 22:52

    Yeah they colaborated back than on few models,I am from Serbia,there is no local dealer.I tried contacting them thru e-mail but no response

  3. #3Mike L2023-05-19 07:18

    What’s going on with your brakes?

  4. #4Capic2023-05-20 01:53

    I suspect that the last owner reworked them.I asked two other owners of Valmet and they tell me that they brake by using the hydraulic,but mine brakes with compresed air and brake fluid so i think it does not have enought power to stop it. And i can not find the service brake or the emergency brake

  5. #5Plebeian2023-05-20 09:24

    Might need to use the Skogsforum.se ( https://skogsforum.se/forum.php ) and page down to the Skogsmaskiner section and then the Skotare subsection (Skotare = forwarders)

  6. #6Capic2023-05-20 17:00

    Thanks for the advice,i posted there

  7. #7Capic2023-05-20 17:00

    But if enyone here has some information i would apritiate it.