Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Value of Dozer?

Bandit44 ยท 2007-10-29 22:40

What do you think would be a fair offer to make on a 2004 Deere 550H? I have run the dozer and can't find anything wrong with it. It has 1300 hours on it and the undercarridge looks fine. It is a LGP track. Bandit44

Replies4
  1. #1T_S_S2007-10-29 22:53

    look on websites such as Machinerytrader.com to compare what similar dozers are going for.

  2. #2bill53622007-10-31 21:45

    Ironplanet Ironplanet.com is also a great place to look at the history of what dozers are selling for. There are quite a few on Ebay espically on small dozers.

  3. #3John C.2007-11-01 20:58

    Bandit 44, I've looked at a bunch of these lately and seen lots of undercarriage problems. The biggest has been the track rails spreading on the track pins opening up the clearance on the seals. This lets the oil out of the pins and bushings and then the track stretches out real fast. I've also seen premature bushing and rail wear. The rollers and idlers seem to stand up pretty good so when the problem occurs you have to buy new rails, sprockets and have the pads swaped. I've seen costs in the $5,000 to $7,000 dollar range. The engines and drive trains have been pretty good as far as I've seen. These machines are very nice to operate. For values checkout MachineryTrader.com and use the auction sales for a place to start. Adjust your offer to what you have to pay to make the machine operational for you. Good Luck!

  4. #4CM19952007-11-01 21:07

    Check out Iron Planet. There was an auction today that had several small dozers that went pretty cheap. Go to the home page and click past auction results.