Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Valve Lash Specs John Deere 4039df

David369 ยท 2018-12-29 16:09

Can anyone tell me what the spec measurements are for doing the Valve Lash on this engine. Thanks for any help you can give.

Replies5
  1. #1MarshallPowerGen2018-12-29 16:42

    Wasn't sure if I had the manual on my laptop (I do now), but Google is your friend http://csdieselgenerators.com/Image..._6068_engine_operation_and_service_manual.pdf Pages 49-50 Hope this helps!

  2. #2David3692018-12-29 23:40

    Hi MarshallPowerGen, thanks for the information. I downloaded the manual and everything I need is there. Thankyou, this is very much appreciated.

  3. #3MarshallPowerGen2018-12-30 01:19

    Glad it was what you needed.

  4. #4Buck Wilder2026-06-28 02:06

    How much space is there between the top of a piston and the valves at TDC on a 1995 John Deere 4039t?

  5. #5Diesel Dave2026-06-28 20:40

    Deere does not list the thickness of the cylinder head gasket at all so an accurate answer to your question is difficult. If the following dimensions (shown in the 3 screenshots below) are all in spec, there should be no issues with valve to piston clearance. Specs below from Deere manual CTM8. . .