Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Vandalism proof cap removal.

Gooseidi ยท 2015-11-27 17:00

OK, I have a vandalism proof cap for the hydraulic tank on my Ford/New Holland 545D. Does anyone know how to remove these? Thanks in advance.

Replies6
  1. #1Brews4me2015-11-27 17:17

    I'd say if there's no key then it's the push and turn type, but don't think that would be vandalism proof????

  2. #2alrman2015-11-27 18:05

    A thin spanner/wrench is used - goes between the cap & tank. You could measure across the flats with a vernier & fabricate one out of some 3 or 4mm plate.

  3. #3Steve Frazier2015-11-27 18:26

    I bet a vandal could figure it out!

  4. #4Walker12015-11-27 19:28

    A vandal would just use a rock.

  5. #5x-ray2015-11-27 19:33

    Yep a flat thin open spanner/wrench what alrman said. Here's a pic. Its dimensions are ~7in long 1-7/8in between tongs and .2 in thick.

  6. #6GregsHD2015-11-28 11:54

    Looks like a regular cheap automotive 1 7/8 fan clutch wrench would do the trick!