Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Vehicle and Equipment Tracking

The Engine Shed ยท 2013-02-08 13:10

I am a small heavy truck and equipment repair shop and I repair and maintain a customers mixed fleet of trucks , backhoes , compressors and assorted equipment . What I'm looking for here is if anyone can recommend a software program that would track all individual vehicle information , preventive maintenance scheduling , filter tracking , parts inventory tracking and repair order generation . I have done some online searches but I'm looking for input from people who are currently using this type of product and the good and bad features as well as product support . Thank you Tom

Replies7
  1. #1yucca2013-02-09 22:57

    I have used Keller maintenance software. It has everything you will need for what your looking for. They have 3 options for delivery. Your own network, CD or they have an on-line option. The price is based on number of units you have.

  2. #2The Engine Shed2013-02-10 08:09

    Thank you I will have to check that one out. Thanks again Tom

  3. #3RollOver Pete2013-02-10 08:09

    I've had excellent results with Telogis. http://www.telogis.com/solutions/

  4. #4The Engine Shed2013-02-10 09:15

    Thank You Pete I haven't heard of that one either so I will have to look at their site too. Thanks for the link. Tom

  5. #5Mikez2013-02-15 15:17

    Here's who I went with, you get full software 30 days, when my boss couldn't make up his mind I called and told them that and they gave me another 30 for free. When you purchase they send you a key code for full version and you just keep the version you had with all information still intact. I manage a fleet of 60 heavy's, 10 dumps, and 30 vehicles. Very impressed, and the best $ money I ever spent. You can track everything needed with spots for type and part number, plus customizable spots. I use the custom spots for filters. It is computer based, and is pretty much a hybrid excell/access program yet all formulas are built in so you just point and shoot. http://www.mtcpro.com/products.htm

  6. #6The Engine Shed2013-02-15 22:13

    Thanks Mike, I have looked at their software and it looks pretty good , which version did you go with ? Thanks for your input. Tom

  7. #7Mikez2013-02-18 13:39

    I went with the delux version, has a little more than the first version but I didn't need the work orders and other filler with the third version. The only dislike I have is you don't have a back button for mistakes, once it's saved it's saved for good, also in tracking fuel you have to input a price to run a consumption report, which I like because it's a good indicator that something might be going on with the machine, or someone is stealing it. I could just put in a price per gallon of any arbitrary number but I just haven't done it. Tech support was real good even when I had the trial version. Also I like that it is on your computer and not on line so it can go with me whether I have internet service or not. With the liscense you get to put it on 2 computers. I use it everyday and it really does a great job for me.