Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Vermeer LM42 trencher

Terryz ยท 2021-08-01 17:06

I have a Vermeer LM42 trencher with a damaged traction pump. Vermeer distributor says there is a 4 + month wait and no individual repair parts available. The pump part # is 223978001 2 speed pump.Is there anything after market for this? There is no identification on the housing. Does anyone know if Vermeer builds these pumps or does a vendor supply them ? Vermeer wants almost $ 4,000.00 for one.

Replies3
  1. #1doug dirt2021-08-14 00:46

    I have an lm42 that I may part out. I will check my machine but if there is no markings on the housing I am not sure if I can tell if I have same pump.

  2. #2br14742022-02-27 08:18

    I have not logged in for awhile. I just read your post. Have you gotten your LM42 repaired yet?

  3. #3Terryz2022-02-27 10:53

    Yes we did. The owner decided to repair with new Vermeer parts. Expensive though.