Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Vermeer RT1250 Hydraulic Temps too High!

cknox88 ยท 2014-06-25 11:45

I know this isn't really the proper place to post a trencher issue, however I didn't see a tab for them. anyway I have a RT 1250 with trencher attachment. thing does a great job for about 2 hours then shuts down from hydraulic fluid over temp. I have changed fluid filters cleaned out the cooler very well. I am considering installing a aftermarket cooler into the system to help cool it a little better. has anyone ever done this or have any experience with these machines overheating? any help will be much appreciated! boss is on my butt about getting this ole girl fixed! thanks guys

Replies1
  1. #1lantraxco2014-06-25 16:52

    Get a heat gun, start looking for the pump, motor, or valve that's a lot hotter than the rest of the system. Excess internal leakage or fluid constantly flowing over a relief valve, anywhere fluid is moving from high pressure to low pressure without performing work, creates heat. Also, are you using the correct hydraulic fluid for the air temperature where it's working?