Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Vermeer S725TX (2017) with cooling issues

Verm ยท 2025-03-14 11:00

Hey y'all, first time poster. We own a couple of these 'dingos', great for getting in small spaces and still plenty strong. I forgot to check but I believe ours has a kohler motor. We've been having some issues with one over heating. No visible leaking but it loses a little bit of coolant over time. Vermeer doesn't sell the radiator anymore, so instead of replacing it we took it to a good radiator shop and they flushed it and cleaned it. They were honest and informed me it had no leaks. Now I'm more of shadetree mechanic but I know how to put coolant in a reservoir. But, after draining the machine it only took about a quart of coolant. Vermeer informs me it is supposed to take 8qts. They told me to try and get the motor warm, and fill the reservoir to the brim and let it get the air out that way. It's not working, so I assume the water pump is bad. I've ordered the pump, vermeer part no. 296-454307. Gasket not included, ordered separately. Overpriced and will take a week to get here. There is just very limited information online about this machine, and vermeer isn't much help and their service department is overpriced. My first question is: does anyone have a non vermeer part number for this pump. Does anyone have access to a maintenance manual for this machine that could share it with me. Or a way to find non vermeer part numbers, as I suspect this pump is a pretty generic part. This isn't our only Dingo, would be nice to be able to get parts. My second question is- am I on the right track with the water pump. Any tips would be appreciated.

Replies5
  1. #1Verm2025-03-14 11:04

    it is a kubota

  2. #2Vetech632025-03-14 13:50

    The water pump isn't going to prevent the cooling system from being filled. If you believe you have an airlock, removed the 2 bolts on the thermostat housing and remove the thermostat. Fill with coolant in the radiator until it starts to come out of the thermostat housing. Reinstall the thermostat and top off the radiator. Filling shouldn't be a problem on these systems.......there is a bypass hose right there between the water pump and the thermostat housing (unless that hose or its ports are plugged.

  3. #3Verm2025-03-15 22:05

    Thank you sir! I'll try this on Monday.

  4. #4OMF2025-03-17 16:54

    Is this what your looking for? Water Pump 16251-73034 16251-73032 for Kubota V1505 B7500 B7610 B7800 F2560 | eBay Kubota F2560 Water Pump. Kubota B7500 Water Pump. Kubota V1505 Water Pump. Kubota B7800 Water Pump. Kubota B7610 Water Pump. Kubota F2260 Water Pump. Kubota F2560E Water Pump. Kubota F2680E Water Pump. www.ebay.com

  5. #5Verm2025-06-19 14:06

    That was indeed it I think. I found the water pump through the vermeer dealership, was expensive. That said, what me vetech63 said did the trick. You have to fill it from the pump, then the radiator. It takes only like 3 qts, significantly less that what vermeer had told me.