New to this forum so I hope I start this thread in the right location. I own a construction business in NE TX and we just got hit with a pretty bad ice storm and I was thinking about purchasing a wood chipper and doing some tree services along with the other services we offer. I looked awhile last night on the web at different wood chippers and came across one in Oklahoma City that looked pretty nice and at a fair price. It's a 2001 Vermeer BC1230A chipped with 966 hrs. on it. I know almost nothing about chippers and would love to gain some feedback from some experienced people. I would like to know things like...has anyone ever used this piece of equipment? If so, is it a good piece of equipment? What are replacement costs for the knives? Vermeer states a 12" capacity, is this accurate? Etc. Thanks in advance for the help, it is much appreciated.
No replies yet.