Dear forum, I am new to the Heavy Equipment Forum but need some help with 1979 Versatile 875. I know it 79 due to the S/N of the tractor but I do have the s/n for the engine at this time. I have owned this unit for about four years and when I purchased it, the dealer said it smokes a little all the time due the pump recently being setup. I have talked to a Cummins agent and he says first set the injectors then the cross heads and finally valves. When I tried to locate info on setting the injectors I came across two different types. Is there any way to know what I need to use ahead of time before setting the injectors ?
I can't help you, but suggest you include any info on the engine you do have to help others. A quick search says they had a Cummins NT-855-A280. Sounds like the later ones got a big cam engine, not sure when the break was. ISZ
875 Versatile Thank you for the reply. In the reading I have done since this post, it is imperative that I get the S/N off the engine as there were so many variations to the 855 over the years. Thanks again for your reply. As soon as I get the S/N ( 500 miles away and it COLD now ) I will re post.