Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Very interesting 11 hour recording, removal of a huge Lenin statue in Ukraine

ichudov ยท 2016-03-17 18:09

Removal of a 40 ton huge statue of Lenin in Ukraine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqKZhvvs9LI It is a long video, but very interesting how they rigged this huge statue and how it progressed. I have to wonder what exactly they did with 40 tons of bronze, that makes up this statue. I am half expecting that someone might steal it. It is worth about $116,000. They used a big Chinese QY130K truck crane. Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLLGzNdGNaw the shorter version of taking down.

Replies2
  1. #1Jim D2016-03-19 23:57

    I heard the bronze is going to Germany for scrap. The market for Lenin statues is very soft presently. A few years ago they were popular for hip bars and clubs in Europe. One of the Saatchi's has a statue like that one in his garden, Lenin pointing his arm at the neighbors house...

  2. #2ichudov2016-03-20 09:45

    Doubtfully anyone would want to deal with a 40 ton statue, other than for scrap metal.