Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Verycal Lift Skid Question

JS300 ยท 2016-10-13 23:23

I'm thinking about swapping a radial lift for a vertical but have a few questions first. I use the skid for general ranch work and it has been great so far except for drilling holes or driving post. When doing either it really takes two people to get the hole or post straight. Holes are fairly easy and not very critical. Driving pipe and keeping them straight is a real pain though. I guess my question is do the verycal lift machines really lift straight up and down or just "close", would it be a big benifit to me while driving post, and would I loose any performance in other areas?

Replies5
  1. #1JNB2016-10-14 09:00

    Probably not perfectly straight up and down, but I've noticed a difference setting concrete culvert ends with my SVL90 compared to the radial lift Case I had. The vertical lift makes it easier to hit the mark. I think that Kubota's design also lifts a little further out at higher lifts for maximum reach when loading trucks. At least it feels like it does.

  2. #2tmc_312016-10-23 19:32

    JS300, I have a vertical lift machine (New Holland). I do quite a bit of hole drilling and find that I still have to move back and forth some as I lower the auger. I don't recall ever drilling with a radial lift machine so I can't compare the two. I have also used mine to drive tee posts and have had no trouble keeping them straight. Weather I am drilling or driving, I usually have a second person there to watch the bit. Hey JNB, you get you a new toy? Tim

  3. #3JNB2016-10-23 21:17

    You bet I did! I saw a chance to get out of the Case and grabbed it.

  4. #4tmc_312016-10-24 17:53

    I knew that you got a Kabota, I was referring to your Avatar. What is that thing anyway? Look sorta like a mulcher. Sorry JS300, don't mean to hijack your thread Tim

  5. #5JNB2016-10-24 19:07

    Hahaha! I have no idea where I found that pic for my avatar Tim.