Title says it all. Just got out of the U.S. Army after 7 years, Honorable Discharge. I am interested in working on heavy equipment doing whatever, doesn't really matter to me. I am available Aug 25th. I have operated a skid steer and off road forklift, but only for a year. I learn quickly, have a secret security clearance and don't use drugs of any sort. I don't mind manual labor either. [email protected]
Welcome to the Forums IanMRader! Thank you for your service.:usa We have several members from Indiana on the board, maybe they have a few leads. The best guys I have employed have military experience. Best of luck!
Sounds like you have a good start IanMRader . Don't overlook the agricultural job market . Farms are huge now day's and need people that can multitask . If you want to get in the seat quick , turn wrenches , drive trucks , and operate heavy equipment that's a good place to start looking for employment . Never have been to Fort Wayne IN. Have worked west of you over in White county near Monticello Indiana when I was in high school . Worked for a farmer at the time . It was prime farm ground as far as the eye could see . Best of luck with the job search .
Hey thanks for the replies guys, boosted my confidence for sure! I will definitely look in the Agriculture side of the house, I honestly hadn't considered it.
Take a close look at it IanMRader , you may like it . We started in the Agricultural market and it's still a big part of our work . Job security is the idea that people will keep eating so farms have to get bigger & produce more It takes allot of concrete , steel , & diesel fuel to put food to every table . Just finished up a job making some changes for a customer before harvest so they could handle the grain a little faster .
Thanks for your service. The Ag market are always looking for responsible employees. That's anything from actually doing farm work to erecting grain bins, building bunker silos and installing irrigation systems. That's not counting the wrenching or sales side either. Some of the AG companies have help with going to school for AG mechanics. Check out CaseIH/New Holland, John Deer and AGCO both in person (most have free brochures on the parts counter) and may (I haven't checked) have info on their web sites. Don't forget you can still use your GI bill with that if you go that route. Rick (US Army Ret)
Ian, I work for a railroad contractor based out of Crete, IL. If you're interested, the division(HTEC, Holland Turnkey, Engineering and Construction) of the company I work for www.hollandco.com is hiring like crazy right now. Operators, Laborers, CDL Drivers. We travel ALOT, but I think the pay is reasonable, the company has been great to me, and I'm seeing all kinds of potential for growth. If you or anyone else has questions feel free to contact me. Ray Nadeau 708-305-8474