Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Vickers Valve

KellyWagner ยท 2015-03-22 23:43

Can this valve be rebuilt? Very Slow one way fine the other waye. Runs a thumb on my ol 70d Deere

Replies4
  1. #1fergy2015-03-23 08:02

    Have you swapped the coils or lines to test?

  2. #2KellyWagner2015-03-23 16:34

    Swapping the lines swaps the problem. So it is the valve or relays. I'll see how to get it apart to swap the relay.

  3. #3lantraxco2015-03-24 04:37

    Those industrial subplate valves are available everywhere, you can take that one to just about any hydraulic outfit and get a new one in any of several different brands, or find a vickers vendor, get a seal kit and pull it down for inspection and cleaning. Check to see if it has manual override pins on the ends, sometimes they get stuck. Have had a couple that were intermittent just because somebody tightened the nut holding the coil on a bit too much, go figure.

  4. #4KellyWagner2015-04-07 23:27

    It has manual override pins. When I push them in nothing happens. However i may have more problems. When i work the thumb in the direction that does not work the left travel lever moves a tiny bit. Could I have a spool bypassing? The way this thing is hooked up is it has a linie coming off the pilot pump filter line. One line goes tees off from where the swing brake line comes out of the spool. The other line tees off to the upper tank return.. May explain why when cold it works but very quickly looses power one direction, and to make it work I either have to hit the left travel a bit at the same time or pUt the stick to the ground and slew left a bit. The it works slowly and I feel the machine load up some. When I push the override pins in and use the thumb they both pop back out but do not pop out untill I hit the thumb.