Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Vin location on Case 1450 Dozer

blue66tang ยท 2017-02-20 14:01

Hi guys, my vin plate is gone on my Case 1450 dozer, and I need to get some parts for it. Is there another location stamped into the frame somewhere? Very frustrated!

Replies5
  1. #1alrman2017-02-20 19:45

    Remove the engine covers & look at the chassis rail. I recall the LHS .... maybe.....

  2. #2blue66tang2017-02-20 21:18

    Hmm I did that, but its so dirty and hard to see in there that it would be nearly impossible to locate. I am looking for a more specific location. I called two different case dealers and they were about useless. Ill try looking closer but i doubt ill see anything.

  3. #3blue66tang2017-03-01 11:06

    Do you have a 1450 as well? If so, have any idea where to get a good inflame kit. I just pulled mine apart and it had two broken rings and the back liner running water into the pan. I really need to find the vin number to find out exactly what i have. Anybody have any suggestions where to get good inframe kits?

  4. #4alrman2017-03-01 18:24

    No @blue66tang I don't own any machinery, I make a living out of repairing it. The 1450/B should have the Case 504BDT engine. Look closely at one of the valve rocker covers for a decal with tune up specs. Doesn't the engine have a model / serial number tag either? I can't recommend a supplier due to my location. Google is your friend

  5. #5blue66tang2017-03-23 14:26

    Found it, was under a bunch of grime. Had to do an inflame so I spent quite a bit of time under it cleaning and finally found it. Anybody on here know of a parts machine?