Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

VIN location request

diggerdone ยท 2010-02-19 15:38

My 1984 Ford LTL 9000 Dump Truck VIN is not legible on the door jam. I nor the Tag Office can put our finger on where else it could be located on this vehicle. Any ideas please? Appreciate it.

Replies5
  1. #1Willis Bushogin2010-02-19 18:18

    Vin number I had a Ford L9000 1986 and I had the same problem. I called Ford and they said look on the front chassis and it should be stamped in the frame. You can call a salvage company and they can tell you where to look

  2. #2QuickTrax2010-02-19 18:25

    Open the hood and look on the frame inside of the left front tire. They are usually stamped in that area.

  3. #3diggerdone2010-02-19 20:47

    Many thanks for the direction. Couldn't have done it so easily without you. The Tag Office will now be very pleased to take my money. Sure am glad to have found this forum!

  4. #4aoconstruction2012-04-01 09:13

    Diggerdone, I know this thread is over 2 years old but can you tell me the exact spot you found the vin on your frame? I'm in the same boat and my frame has been painted. I can't see any numbers at all anywhere. Thanks. Alan

  5. #5diggerdone2012-04-13 19:36

    Alan, Same deal with me...couldn't find it on the frame, so took lacquer thinner to the door jam sticker. Hope the posts from Willis Bushogin or QuickTrax might help you. Good Luck.