Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Vintage Lull owners: I have your service manual!

joestewart · 2010-03-25 21:15

I have the service manual for the 644, 844 and 1044 in pdf format. Info current as of 1997. I can email it to those that need it. Not asking anything in return, although I "wouldn't mind" if someone could scan their parts manual for the 644. It will require several emails. Takes a long time for files to upload so I'd like to send them all at once. I'll wait a few days to send anything to allow Lull owners to respond. Will need a valid email address. J. Stewart

Replies121
  1. #1Speedpup2010-03-30 13:15

    Great job thanks! probably a bit more current than mine.:drinkup I'll have the GF knit it in one file I hope!

  2. #2haberaj2010-04-03 21:42

    I could really use a copy of a manual for an 844. My steam show purchased one with a tower attachment last year, its in ok shape, but I sure would like something to work with. Contact me at [email protected] Thanks

  3. #3Speedpup2010-04-04 14:57

    I forwarded them manual to you that I received. should be 1-9 I may have sent an extra one.:drinkup

  4. #4george2010-05-11 03:39

    im looking for a service manual for a lull 644 tt forklift this thing is a bit old what i really need is an expanded veiw of the front brakes

  5. #5Speedpup2010-05-11 18:12

    bunch of manuals on ebay I have 844's

  6. #6absolutediesel2010-05-11 20:40

    definately interested please.

  7. #7george2010-05-13 13:10

    if you wouldnt mind I sure could use a copy of the manual for the 644 that I have my email is wayne [email protected] :notworthy

  8. #8george2010-05-13 13:13

    if you wouldnt mind I sure could use a copy of the manual for the 644 that I have my email is [email protected] :notworthy

  9. #9george2010-05-13 13:16

    I have no kind of manuals on this machine dont know what proper pressures are for anything or what route anything takes to start to chase down problems very time consuming to work on its like a puzzle and shouldnt be this thing should be simple:Banghead

  10. #10Speedpup2010-05-13 16:58

    George you should have the manuals now as I sent them. Thanks Joel as he scanned them all not me. Let me know if you are missing any. Not should if #1 was attached. john

  11. #11Speedpup2010-05-13 21:56

    Tried sending it and the emails all bounced back mailerdemon or what ever it is called?

  12. #12Joe Griffith2010-05-14 13:57

    Users manual for Lull 644 I need a users manual for a Lull 644 forklift.

  13. #13Joe Griffith2010-05-14 14:00

    My e-mail address is [email protected] Thanks.

  14. #14g3e3r3d2010-06-01 16:40

    I would really love to get a manual for my 844. My email address is [email protected] I think I've got a faulty solenoid connected to the emergency brake because it slips out of gear, then I fiddle with the brake until it goes back into gear. Need to figure out what part I need to order. Thanks in advance!

  15. #15shorelinejb2010-08-28 09:41

    lull 844 TT 42 I need the manual for the Lull 844 TT 42 if anyone has it please [email protected]

  16. #16commercial dive2010-09-19 16:16

    lull 644 highlander joe, am currently working with 644 highlander. i sure could use any manuals, as there are none available with machine. thanks brian e-mail= [email protected] :usa:Banghead

  17. #17joestewart2010-09-20 15:24

    Hey Brian, I tried to send, but they are coming back to me as undelivered. Is that email correct? You can Pm me if you want

  18. #18commercial dive2010-09-21 21:59

    Joe, the manuals seem to have come through. i have dialup and it is extremely slow also i was "kicked off" several times by calls. some of the manuals came in twice. i am checking to make sure they are complete before i delete anything. many thanks Joe, they sure will save some guessing! Brian S:usa:notworthy

  19. #19equipconn2010-10-15 12:10

    I could really use a service or trouble shooting manual for a 1044B

  20. #20joelmartin2010-10-15 13:36

    Try this link to download Lull manuals: http://www.jlg.com/en-US/Maintenance.Repairs.html (Notice near bottom of page these words: Looking for service, parts or operator manuals - click here to download.) I work for a Lull dealership

  21. #21equipconn2010-10-18 12:40

    Lull1044B Thanks for the link to the manuals,don't suppose you would know why 1st and 2nd gear all of a sudden doesn't work? third and fourth still work

  22. #22Speedpup2010-10-19 18:54

    Nothing there on the 1044B and other older models. tons of manuals on ebay even for 1044B most of the time.

  23. #23BillG2010-11-10 18:33

    I could use a parts or service manual for a 644D, made around 1998 if anyone has it available. Dealer told me that no service manual for a 644D was ever made which I find hard to believe.

  24. #24Speedpup2010-11-12 18:35

    I seriously doubt that but it could be true as only 250 were sold I heard. Try Webequipment.com

  25. #25Speedpup2010-11-12 18:49

    end of another urban legend http://cgi.ebay.com/LULL-D-SERIES-T...39925?pt=BI_Books_Manuals&hash=item2305186415 http://cgi.ebay.com/Lull-644D-644-D...79765?pt=BI_Books_Manuals&hash=item3a587b50b5

  26. #26jkat792010-11-14 10:19

    644 Highlander 2 I have a 644 Highlander 2. I believe its a 1990 model. I really could use a parts manual. Email address [email protected] Thanks

  27. #27jkat792010-11-14 10:24

    I recently broke the cable on the pulley system that extends and retracts the hydraulic hoses inside the boom. I'm looking for a diagram of the cable path or any advice on replacing that cable. John

  28. #28joestewart2010-11-14 18:03

    Hi John, if you ever get a copy of that parts manual for the 644, I'd love to have a scanned pdf of it. Would gladly trade you a scanned pdf of the service manual and operators manual! Thanks J. Stewart

  29. #29clink2t2010-11-22 09:34

    644 manual I would appreciate it if you could send me a copy of the 644 manual , my e-mail is [email protected] thanks john

  30. #30cudadan2011-01-27 09:42

    I would greatly appreciate if you could e-mail me the manual, can't find one anywhere. My boom shivs are destroyed need replacing Thank you in advance, Dan [email protected]

  31. #31joestewart2011-01-27 19:58

    No problem. Give me a couple of days to email it. I'll do it when I get a free moment or two. I'm not suggesting that you buy this, but there's a service manual on the online auction with bidding starting at $9.99 (its not mine!) with no bidders so far and three days left. I paid $169.00 for mine. J.Stewart http://cgi.ebay.com/LULL-Model-644-...80686?pt=BI_Books_Manuals&hash=item19c2a8208e

  32. #32gumley2011-02-17 12:09

    I have a 1988 644C-34 and am looking to purchase a 1999 644D - 34. I was told they did not make many of the 644D series. It concerns me that few were made. Does anyone have any ideas as to problems they might have had with the 644D seeries? Thanks!

  33. #33Speedpup2011-02-18 13:27

    they made about 250 or less. Drive train is the weak link. I would steer clear of them.

  34. #34gumley2011-02-18 15:42

    Speedpup, THANK YOU! I know I am not the smartest pup in the litter, but when they tell you they didn't produce many units and no manuals for the 644D machines, there has got to be good reason.

  35. #35Speedpup2011-02-21 15:48

    they have manuals on ebay

  36. #36uhlerhomes2011-03-17 21:00

    1984 844 lull service manual I am looking for a service manual for a 1984 844 lull. My email is [email protected] any info would be greatly appreciated

  37. #37Speedpup2011-03-18 18:29

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Lull-844-parts-...39552?pt=BI_Books_Manuals&hash=item3cb5c6c1a0 and there are others that say service manual which may be what you are looking for. http://cgi.ebay.com/Lull-644-844-10...23871?pt=BI_Books_Manuals&hash=item3a63e2fe9f

  38. #38larryc2011-03-27 20:37

    If your still able and willing the service manual for a 844 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Larry [email protected]

  39. #39The Sage2011-04-04 16:30

    I realize this is an old post. I just found this place. If the offer is still valid I could use a pdf of the manual [email protected] Much appreciated.

  40. #40mattsonfarmer2011-04-08 01:25

    I recently purchased a 644tt-34 highlander, i am wondering if this manual you have Joe would cover this machine? Or are there any places that anyone knows of that i could purchase one? Do the manuals that read 644 844 1044 on ebay cover my highlander? If anyone has manuals that apply they can send them to me at [email protected] Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

  41. #41jfdube2011-06-11 15:10

    1989 Lull 644 TT-34 service manual Hi there Is it still possible to get the pdf? I'd be very happy to find it out. My e-mail is [email protected] Thank you mate! J-F

  42. #42sck12011-06-13 14:02

    Is this offer still open? if so, I would like to get a copy as well. [email protected]

  43. #43rolacoll2011-07-09 04:32

    Hi All, I am a new owner of a vintage lull 644. I would love to have a service manual. My email is rolacoll@fairpoint Thanks

  44. #44kota1072011-07-09 18:59

    please send me [email protected]

  45. #45Brandon332011-07-13 21:57

    I have a 844 highlander with too many problems to list and would love a copy of the manual. Thanks [email protected]

  46. #46HillbillieAcres2011-07-16 11:09

    Hi:Joe I have Rec'd 1989 Lull No Sure how to Post a Photo I have a Hoist Cyl Leaking any suggestions on redoing the Gland Seal [O rings ...] can I do it in Place or Does the Cylinder have to be removed from the Machine?! Regards Myles [email protected]

  47. #47psouza3632011-08-12 18:33

    Joe, I have a 844 and trying to replace line in the boom. Can you send me the manual? Thanks, Pete [email protected]

  48. #48Speedpup2011-08-13 20:52

    You can do it on the machine easily. It should take about 4-5 hr with two people 1 mechanic and one helper.

  49. #49mauisolar2011-09-25 13:35

    I am looking for a manual, operator and service for a Lull 622-4 also looking for parts. Anyone know where to start.

  50. #50BisonTech2011-10-31 10:22

    JoeStewart I would appreciate a manual myself Joe. We have a customer that needs his 844 TT-34 serviced. I need to find some info to give him a quote. Thank you [email protected]

  51. #51joestewart2011-10-31 11:03

    Nate, your email address is not working for me. The emails keep getting returned undelivered. Can you give me another?

  52. #52BisonTech2011-10-31 12:09

    Joe I got Manual #1 and Manual #4 are there more (such as #2 and #3) that you need to send? You can try " [email protected] " Thank you for responding so quickly.

  53. #53BisonTech2011-10-31 15:34

    Joe I got them all. Thank you very much for the help, sir.

  54. #54Termite2011-11-05 14:01

    I am needing the service manual for a 1989 644 Lull. Can you email it to me?

  55. #55joestewart2011-11-06 05:44

    Termite, what is your email address? You can use PM to send it to me.

  56. #56Code2011-12-02 14:54

    Joe, I am looking for an operator's manual for a Lull 844C-422. [email protected] You would be a lifesaver if you would send me one.

  57. #57joestewart2011-12-02 18:59

    I don't have one, but someone else might chime in. Good luck.

  58. #58luckyudesign2012-06-26 20:47

    Could you please email service manual for Lull 644 to me? I am haveing problems with my machine not going into gear. Most of the time a little extra throttle will let it jump in which makes me think it's a bad switch that is needing more voltage but then there are times like this eve that I had to mess around with it for over an hour before it would kick in. if you could email it to me that would be great [email protected]

  59. #59cec2712012-07-06 16:23

    I am looking for a manual for a Lull 644 Highlander II

  60. #60joestewart2012-07-06 19:44

    cec271, What's your email address?

  61. #61cec2712012-07-06 22:36

    [email protected] Thanks

  62. #62cec2712012-07-07 17:06

    I have a Lull 644 HighlanderII. When it gets hot, the hydraulics will stop working. When it cools down, they work fine. Does anyone have any suggestions!!! Thanks, CEC271

  63. #63KOENIGS2012-09-08 21:01

    I'd be happy to host the files for you with a PW protected link... so all you have to do is PM the Password. [email protected]

  64. #64joestewart2012-09-09 09:56

    Sounds great. I'll email you the files tomorrow. Thanks.

  65. #65Ebrazil2012-09-10 09:41

    I have a Lull 644 Highlander II. Would you please email me a copy of the operator manual? My email is [email protected] . And yes, Elvis is in the building.

  66. #66Nac2012-09-11 19:11

    I could use a manual for a 1044B [email protected]

  67. #67joestewart2012-09-11 19:48

    I do not have one. I checked the JLG site, and there does not appear to be one there either. Look at the manual for the 1044C and see if there is any info in there that would apply to your machine? Here's the link: https://csapps.jlg.com/OnlineManuals/browse.aspx?path=Lull/Lull Telehandlers&title=PDF Manuals&refkey=https%3a%2f%2fcsapps.jlg.com%2fOnlineManuals%2fBrowse.aspx&link= http://www.jlg.com/en-US/Home.html

  68. #68Wendell Tinsley2012-09-12 21:09

    Would like the manual for a Lull 644 TT-34. New purchase, learning about operation. Send to email: [email protected] Thanks so much, Wendell

  69. #69gilmoreinc2012-09-17 12:05

    Do you still have service manual for 644? Have been looking for plumbing diagram and no one has one.

  70. #70joestewart2012-09-17 14:00

    Yes, I have it. Send me your email address.

  71. #71gilmoreinc2012-09-17 18:02

    Email address Email address [email protected] . Thanks

  72. #72GaryFletcher2012-09-23 21:20

    Lull 644 service or parts manual Hi there Also have a vintage lull 644 tt and am looking for parts and or service manual. Email if possible to garyafletcher@ me.com. Thanks

  73. #73TntEquip2012-09-25 13:28

    I am looking for a parts manual for a 644 Highlander I know it is older then a 94. Any help would be appreciated! you can email me @ [email protected] Thanks!

  74. #74mkelderm2014-01-24 17:47

    I have purchased my first lull and am finding an array of problems. I would really appreciate a copy of this manual. [email protected] Thank you Mark

  75. #75Wille2014-02-02 13:31

    Hi If it's ok i like to have the manual for 644. [email protected] is my mail. Thank you Best regard Lars åke

  76. #76chachi2014-02-02 18:39

    I would love manual for highlander 2 644 tt. [email protected] . thanks in advance.

  77. #77Nailer2014-02-25 21:05

    Hi Joe, I understand this thread is old. If your still here could you send a service manual for a Lull 844c-42 or the PW to koenigs email?? Or if any other poster has it and could forward it would be greatly appreciated, [email protected]

  78. #78joestewart2014-02-26 10:23

    Looks like JLG has posted a bunch of manuals on their website. I notice the 844c is on there. Take a look! https://csapps.jlg.com/OnlineManuals/Browse.aspx

  79. #79joestewart2014-02-26 11:39

    Link does not work - at least not for me. Go to the main website and followthe "manuals" link to "Lull" etc etc http://www.jlg.com/en-US/Parts.ServiceManuals.html

  80. #80dieseldog5.92014-08-11 13:46

    I also have a LULL 644 TT-34 HIGHLANDER II, and could use a service and parts manual if still available, i did look on JLG site, and Ebay with no luck for service manual. the machine has super weak front steer, great rear steer, any help appreciated. [email protected]

  81. #81mk7512014-09-04 18:15

    Need a service manual for Lull 644 HIGHLANDER. Have to re seal the boom cylinder. Thanks for any help. [email protected]

  82. #82peterGman2014-09-19 19:03

    I just picked up a lull 644 tt-34 highlanderII also and Im having trouble finding a service manual, and or a parts/operator manual. If someone has copies they could send to me I would greatly appreciate it. [email protected] Thanks

  83. #83jo446862014-12-05 19:15

    I have a Model 644 tt-34 and need a service manual. Seems it might have had a ether intake spray kit but is missing. It is hard to start in cold weather. Any help on this would be great. Thanks in advance. [email protected] I can also post the manuals on a website if that would help. Please let me know if I can help in that way.

  84. #84wileyloghomes2015-01-07 10:06

    I too could use the manual, I have a highlander ii, need to pull the boom cylinder for a rebuild.... [email protected] thanks!

  85. #85Foamit Up2015-02-13 10:50

    Joe I need the manuals for a Lull 622 Highlander II. Can you email to me? [email protected]

  86. #86joestewart2015-02-13 20:47

    The 622? Sorry, I don't have that one. You're going to have to keep looking or perhaps someone else on this forum will volunteer. Good luck!

  87. #87gj7422015-02-23 18:01

    I have a Lull 644-tt34 forkilift and could really use a service manual. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks! [email protected]

  88. #88highlander 22015-03-15 22:36

    Hey Joe.I just purchased a 644 highlander 2.You wouldn't happen to have a service, parts, or owners manual for that model would you. Not sure if it matters but I think it's a nineties model. The engine has a john deere tag.Any info would be appreciated. Email is [email protected] Thanks

  89. #89conradus2015-06-04 08:19

    Hi All, I am tired of getting the wrong parts every time. Can someone please help me with service and parts manual for Lull 644 TT-34 Highlander 2 ?? Email: [email protected] Thanks in advance, Otmar Conradus

  90. #90conradus2015-06-05 08:59

    Thanks to this forum I finally got the manuals. Thanks!!

  91. #91genesmith2015-09-05 10:52

    Hi Guys, I have an older 644, I could use the manual also. It won't start anymore I think it has something to do with the safety switch as I could start it before if I wiggled the forward and reverse lever [email protected]

  92. #92builders772015-10-15 16:28

    Hello Anyone have a service and parts manual for a 1989 1044 highlander Thanks brian

  93. #93builders772015-10-15 16:43

    HI Joe I have a 1989 1044 highlander and could use a service manual if you still have one [email protected] Thanks Brian

  94. #94joestewart2015-10-15 19:37

    Brian, go to this google site and scroll down to "Lull 844 944 1044 Service Manual": https://sites.google.com/site/deerebrown/ Let me know if there are any problems.

  95. #95builders772015-10-16 17:30

    Thanks Joe I was able to print one thanks to your help I've never had such a hard time finding info on something Brian

  96. #96carpentervin2015-10-17 08:33

    Joe, I could use any manuals you have applicable to a 2001 644-D Highlander. If you have any insight into replacing the boom hoses it would be greatly appreciated. Email is [email protected] . Geaux Tigers! Thank you very much, Rick

  97. #97Boona2015-12-29 18:06

    If you could send the 644 service manual that would be greatly appreciated mines an 1986 [email protected]

  98. #98joestewart2015-12-29 19:09

    Boona, go to this website and see if you can download the service manual for the 644. Let me know if there are any problems. The service manual does not cover the transmission. I will try to post the Funk manual on that same website tonight. Keep checking it. Here is the link: https://sites.google.com/site/deerebrown/ The funk tranny on my Lull 644 slips when the range is in "intermediate" or "high" range. In low range, it is ok. I've tolerated it in this condition since I've owned it. It might be a valve body issue. I did not take the time to familiarize myself with the valve body, and I've never taken the valve body off. Use the search function to find my old post regarding my Funk tranny. Use "funk" as a search term.

  99. #99sanders4442016-02-04 16:13

    Joe, I just purchased a Lull 844 highlander, and am in need of the service manual. The machine is in decent condition overall, but there are a few items that need to be addressed. Can you please email the manual to me? My email address is [email protected] . Thanks!

  100. #100joestewart2016-02-04 19:06

    Go to this link and find the manual near the bottom of the page. https://sites.google.com/site/deerebrown/

  101. #10178mike2016-02-08 14:54

    Hi i see that you have a service manual pdf format 844 Lull i start a new job and they have one that is not working. can you email the manual so I no what I'm getting in [email protected]

  102. #102joestewart2016-02-08 19:06

    Mike, Go to this link and find the manual near the bottom of the page. https://sites.google.com/site/deerebrown/

  103. #103Sir Newsy2016-03-29 10:46

    Just curious, But you wouldn't happen to have a 1044B operations manual or something similar? I was on your google site and didn't see it, so I thought I might as well ask. 1044B seems like a hard machine to find literature on... Thanks

  104. #104joestewart2016-03-29 11:06

    I don't have the 1044B operators manual. The JLG website has a pdf of the operators manual for the 1044C. Would that help? If you happen to find one, scan it and share it. https://csapps.jlg.com/OnlineManual...W.JLG.COM/EN/EQUIPMENT/TELEHANDLERS/JLG&link=

  105. #105Sir Newsy2016-03-29 11:39

    I reviewed most of the manuals on JLG's website. I am just not sure how picky OSHA/ANSI is about having the specific manual for each machine. So not sure if the 1044C will help or not.... I don't believe I ever received a manual with machine when I bought it. So now I am here trying to track one down. I do have the parts manual, if anybody needs that down the road. I'd have to scan it, but its possible. If I happen to find anything else I'll let you guys know. Thanks for the help!

  106. #106GAFletcher2016-04-03 11:55

    Mr. Stewart, If you still have the pdf for the Lull 644 service manual that you can email to me that would be great. Don't know if anyone ever sent you a parts manual and if they did and you could share that also, I would be most grateful. Regards, Gary Fletcher [email protected]

  107. #107joestewart2016-04-04 08:48
  108. #108GAFletcher2016-04-04 08:54

    Thank you!!

  109. #109Tuck6462016-04-21 23:41

    Hi guys, would anybody know where to get decoding info for a Lull Highlander2, I'm trying to figure out the year,among other things. Mod# 644 TT -34 S/N # P - 401 N I've looked at the service manuals at the site Joe listed,unless I missed it,I didn't see decoding chart. Any help would be appreciated.

  110. #110davejo2016-04-23 08:14

    The decoder chart I have seen is for machines 1986 and newer: http://tiffinparts.com/telehandlers/lull.html Im going to guess that yours is older than 86 and has a perkins engine, designated by the p in the serial number The one Im working with is #JD750-nf It has a JD diesel motor and a Funk transmission. I don't know what the "n" stands for or if the "f" stands for funk but I'm pretty sure what the "jd" stands for

  111. #111will13aug042017-03-12 22:12

    Hi guys, would anybody know where to get decoding info for a Lull Highlander2, I'm trying to figure out the year,among other things. Mod# 644 TT -34 S/N # P - 401 N I've looked at the service manuals at the site Joe listed,unless I missed it,I didn't see decoding chart. Any help would be appreciated. i was wondering if you found manuals? i just got a 644 tt-34 and it has a couple small issues I'm able to hack my way thru. but think getting the manuals would be helpful if a big one should come up. also a good working decoding chart would be amazing.

  112. #112will13aug042017-03-12 22:35

    i was wondering if you found manuals? i just got a 644 tt-34 and it has a couple small issues I'm able to hack my way thru. but think getting the manuals would be helpful if a big one should come up. also a good working decoding chart would be amazing.

  113. #113joestewart2017-03-12 22:42

    PM me your email address and I will send you the manuals that I have.

  114. #114will13aug042017-03-14 19:30

    thank you for the manuals not 100% positive there for my machine yet they don't have 644 tt as an option and the SN look up starts with #s not letters like my SN.

  115. #115Micah Mccall2017-05-20 15:07

    Hi. I need the service manual for the 644 highlander 2 if possible. Thanks.

  116. #116joestewart2017-05-20 20:43

    Can you PM me your email address?

  117. #117Mariano_lopez2018-10-19 10:13

    I could really use a service manual for a 644 my email is [email protected]

  118. #118joestewart2018-10-19 19:39

    Mariano, go to this google page and download it for free. Good luck. Here is the link: https://sites.google.com/site/deerebrown/david-brown-info-ii/other-free-pdf-manuals https://sites.google.com/site/deerebrown/david-brown-info-ii/other-free-pdf-manuals

  119. #119davidlee2021-03-03 14:44

    Hey there Joe, Can I get a copy of that. I have an older Lull 644. Thanks [email protected]

  120. #120joestewart2021-03-04 14:24

    David, go to this google page and download it for free. Good luck. Here is the link: https://sites.google.com/site/deerebrown/david-brown-info-ii/other-free-pdf-manuals https://sites.google.com/site/deerebrown/david-brown-info-ii/other-free-pdf-manuals

  121. #121davejo2023-07-16 12:52

    PDF Manuals Pretty good collection of telehandler related manuals including some for the Lulls, old and new