Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Vio 35-6 boom settles

Acerental ยท 2015-08-03 22:00

Hello all. I have a one year old yanmar vio35-6. Bought it new. Has about 600 hours on it. Great machine except one issue is the main boom settles when left unattended for a few days. It's been back to the dealer and they say nothing is wrong with it. Said it's acceptable. I have older kobelco, kubota, new holland machines that will hold a boom solid for months during the winter with no settling. Any thoughts?

Replies2
  1. #1lantraxco2015-08-03 22:31

    Don't leave the boom up, as in never, on any machine, when you're not running it. :my2c

  2. #2Nige2015-08-04 04:10

    I agree. Also remember it's an excavator not a crane and a certain amount of cylinder drift will be permitted within the specifications. IIRC it used to be something like a maximum of 10mm cylinder movement per hour when the machine is at operating temperature.