I just bought a Yanmar Vio30-1 and the hydraulics seem a little weak. Noticed the dipper function will retract fine, but when extending, it will slow down and stop for a second or 2, then keep extending. I can also hear the hoses on the boom make a screeching sound when running that function as well as the bucket curl function when machine is hot. All other functions seem normal. I’ve checked oil level, swapped pilot hoses to eliminate them out of the equation. What am I missing and where do I need to look? Any help greatly appreciated!
the screeching sound could be cavitation and the arm extending and stopping could be a lack of oil flow from the hydraulic pump system. Yanmar Vio machines would typically use a variable piston pump and a fixed displacement gear pump which they then flow combine to supply the arm and/or boom functions. one possibility is that you may have to get the pump checked. best regards