I've got a 2017 Gehl Z55 (Yanmar VIO55-6A with different decals) that had an engine harness burn up on the exhaust under the previous owner's care. I've repaired the harness and the machine still won't fire up. Codes are indicating that the ECU isn't communicating with the LCD screen and hydraulic ECU. Purchased a new ECU thinking that was the problem, but things persisted. I picked up a clone of the Yanmar interface box, but I'm having a hard time getting the software. There's lots of options for 3rd party download, but is it possible to buy the legitimate software from Yanmar. My local dealer isn't any real help either, I asked for a price on the engine harness 3 times without success. Does anyone have experience with this software, and who do I talk to to buy something like a 30 day subscription?
Time for an update. The machine is finally running as of tonight, it took a lot of time and effort to get here. I got Yanmar SmartAssist Direct working, but that didn't help me. I couldn't get the software to read the old or new ECU. I got the dealer's service department involved, and they came and looked at the machine (they were actually familiar with it having already worked on it for the previous owner). They had the same issue I did trying to connect, and came to the conclusion that the old ECU was dead, and the new one had issues which they couldn't resolve. I then shipped both ECU's to a repair facility who swapped the Microcontroller between the two, and repaired what was sold to me as a new ECU but actually had components missing. Upon reinstalling the repaired ECU I was actually able to start the machine for the first time. It ran rough and had a fuel pressure sensor code. A new sensor was ordered and the machine came to life, it now runs super smooth!
I recently bought a vio55-6a. Could you fill me in on what the smart assist direct is? How did you acquire it and how much did it cost?
It's Yanmar's diagnostic software, it works with an interface box that connects the machine to your computer. I've come to discover that there is no real legit way of getting it, unless you're a dealer (you can maybe purchase through them $$$. There are a few sellers from China that will sell the box and software for around $300 give or take.
Good to know. Mind sharing with me your source either here or through PM?