Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Visited some old equipment

Welder Dave ยท 2024-04-08 01:37

I went out to the place that has the Raygo Giant grader and Henuset H1900 Hopto's today. Some pretty interesting stuff.

Replies14
  1. #1Welder Dave2024-04-08 01:42

    H1900 elevated 10'. The engines were raised as well. If that wasn't enough the heavy pipe supports would raise it another 10' for river crossings. Last pic. shows the standard H1900. Also had a Cat 245 that could be raised on stilts. Lot's of cool stuff. Pics. aren't the best because it was sunny and I couldn't see what my phone was showing.

  2. #2Welder Dave2024-04-08 01:45

    More.

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-04-08 01:47

    More.

  4. #4Welder Dave2024-04-08 01:48

    More.

  5. #5Welder Dave2024-04-08 01:58

    Very interesting D7 set up for pipeline. Two huge compressors and two tandem Lincoln SAE 300 (4 welders in total) all belt driven off the front of the crankshaft. Driveshafts on each side powered the tandem welding generators. The 2 welder controls shown are on the right side. On the left side they are stacked one on top of the other. I'd bet the welders would weld like they did new. The roof assembly shifted hydraulically to the side to cover the pipe and there was a big tarp I assume to keep out of the elements and so heat could be applied. The roof had some type of insulation on it. It also had extra wide pads. Pretty cool rig.

  6. #6Welder Dave2024-04-08 02:07

    The pipe testing rig was there too that pressurizes the pipeline with 2000+ PSI air pressure. A bunch of the air tanks are insulated, maybe air driers? Not sure how it works. When I was there last year one of the guys that worked for Henuset said everybody was on pins and needles when the pipeline was pressurized. They don't test pipelines with straight air pressure anymore.

  7. #7chidog2024-04-08 02:31

    Cool, nice pictures. And thank you. I'm not being picky, just an FYI, did you know if you lay the phone on its side it will take a larger landscape picture?

  8. #8Welder Dave2024-04-08 03:12

    It was sunny and I couldn't even see what my camera showed. It was just a black screen so I was kind of guessing. If I could have seen I might have thought to turn my phone.

  9. #9Cliffy2024-04-08 05:19

    Imagine how hot and noisy that d7 would be to operate. Wonder if the engine has to run at high idle or low idle to get correct generator rpm. Guessing by the power points there is power as well of the welders.

  10. #10Welder Dave2024-04-08 15:19

    I'd think high idle. The pullies looked to be a 1 to 1 ratio. I think the generators will run at lower RPM but normal is 1750/1800. The outlets might be powered by the DC exciters on the welders.

  11. #11Deere500a2024-04-13 23:47

    YouTube ironman3406 getting the hopto 1900 running again plus other videos

  12. #12Welder Dave2024-04-14 02:06

    I think some of the video's have been on here.

  13. #13PeterP92024-04-14 15:12

    Good old Devon. Lots of neat and rare equipment there.

  14. #14Welder Dave2024-04-14 21:32

    I just noticed the raised engine has a different fuel filter set up or it's been moved. You can see 2 filters on the low engine that aren't showing on the raised engine.