Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Vogel auto lubrication system

90plow ยท 2014-05-18 22:17

I bought a mack single axle that was an ex pen dot truck. It's equipped with an auto lube system with a resiviour and it was working well until it ran out of grease. How do I refill the tank? It has a large make fitting on it. Also what type of grease do I use and can I just use some tubes to fill it?

Replies5
  1. #1Delmer2014-05-18 22:40

    I believe you want a barrel/bucket grease pump, either air operated or a hand lever. Filling it with tubes would kind of defeat the purpose, wouldn't it?

  2. #2ANDREW C2014-05-18 23:15

    The lincon ones I dealt with had a refill port where you screwed on an adapter to the grease gun tube and pushed in tubes, takes no time to fill it compared to pumping with a hand gun every day.

  3. #3Delmer2014-05-19 09:20

    I'll defer to Andrew on this one. I haven't used one, but the ones I've seen had a spring loaded plunger in a clear cylinder and a bigger grease fitting that I THOUGHT was pumped up with a bulk pump. Looked online and there are other styles that look like they could be loaded with a tube or spoon if you were so inclined. If you post a pic of the whole thing, and a close up of the fitting, I'd bet somebody here could help.

  4. #4ANDREW C2014-05-19 17:12

    This is what I'm talking about bottom picture.

  5. #5Matt19822016-03-31 10:55

    If you have any question about the vogel system please let me know. I worked for them for a long time and can provide info and parts