Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo 140b no hydraulics

Coldcreek · 2022-10-08 15:07

This morning went to unload machine off the float, I have no hydraulics. I had this happen about 3 weeks ago checked the safety switch on the arm in the cab everything checked out fine. Still no hydraulics. Put everything back together. Shut off the machine put my tools away. Started the machine back up and it worked. With no “smoking gun” if you will. Though today there is nothing. I assume there is some solenoid that opens and closes a valve for the pilot pressure?

Replies9
  1. #1Coldcreek2022-10-08 15:08

    New to this forum stuff. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

  2. #2uffex2022-10-09 05:31

    Good day Coldcreek & welcome to HEF Please see attached, this should define if the issue is electrical or a hydraulic nature. Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3Coldcreek2022-10-09 06:30

    Thank you very kindly Uffex, I found the problem last night. I was looking around the forum and found a thread for a larger machine that mentioned there were control valves for the pilot controls. I went back out last night and double checked the switch I side the cab. That checked out as good. I then flipped arm in the on position with the machine running so I could go into the pump room to find which solenoids had power with the arm up. There were three solenoids just on the floor of the pump room just inside the door. It turned out to the first one on the left. Had power to it with the arm up and no power with the safety arm down. I then pushed the button down on the top of the solenoid and had pilot controls.

  4. #4Coldcreek2022-10-09 06:34

    Thank you very much for the information Uffex. I appreciate it.

  5. #5Tim Modine2022-10-09 12:37

    Had same issue, It was the solenoid for my pilot controls, it would pop the fuse then completely shorted out. Changed solenoid and fixed issue. Ck the fuse first.

  6. #6Coldcreek2022-10-09 18:09

    Thank you Tim I appreciate the input very much.

  7. #7Coldcreek2022-10-13 08:39

    Just picked up the solenoid installed it that fixed the problem. Tim I did check the fuses they were good.

  8. #8Tim Modine2022-10-13 16:40

    Great. Good luck !

  9. #9Coldcreek2022-10-13 16:41

    I’m back to work with it now.