Working on 160c, Display stays gray and only says Volvo. It never changes. Auto decelerator works, Thumb works. The climate control and the radio are nonresponsive. Is probably the cab control computer? Is there anything I can try before I get the Volvo technician involved?
Good day Any history surrounding the failure? please check to see if the manual switch is fully selected. Kind regards Uffex
The fuse box in the first compartment immediately behind the cab. Check all fuses and relays. Sometimes, you can lose a relay which powers up half the CAN. It sounds like you lost HMIM & HVAC ECUs I will check schematics when I get in to see if I can find a common denominator.
No history on failure. Guys I got it from says it was like that the entire time they owned it. Didn’t get used much. We looked over fuses. Didn’t swap any relays around yet. Thanks
I grabbed these 2 files, may be helpful. I haven't had time to dig into it
It would help if I attached files
Good day The Most probable cause is the display you could make sure you have a good ground to the unit and a good can bus connection.Often such failures are the result of careless welding or jump-starting. Kind regards Uffex
Tried swapping relays around, and checking fuses. No results yet. It also drains the battery bead if we leave the disconnect on. Takes a couple days.
Good day That sounds as though you may have a short in the circuit or the battery is going bad. Kind regards Uffex
So we got the 160 screen fixed. it was the cab computer. had it replaced now everything works the way it should.
The one behind the seat?
Not sure where it is, had the dealer do it. they had to program the new one for the machine. The heat/AC and afew other things didn't work with out it. cost around $4,000.
Well, at least it's all straightened out. Wish we knew exactly what they did.
VOE 14723715 is the control unit part #. so it must have been the actual display?
That's the instrument panel alright. But it is a slave to the HMIM. As long as you're fixed, it really doesn't matter i guess.