I have a Volvo a25c that we use sometimes to move dirt. Recently it has been sitting for about 3 months and the dump lever was stuck. I took apart the dump valve body and the bottom of the valve piston started corroded around the d tent and wouldn’t allow it to dump. Volvo no longer makes all of the parts I need My question: Any way suggestions for what I should do or look for parts elsewhere? Maybe they have a updated part that would work?
I do have a parts book and I could try and rebuild it with small ball bearings and small springs.
I do have a parts book and I could try and rebuild it with small ball bearings and small springs.
Because Volvo doesn't sell it doesn't mean it's not available. It should be a parker valve iirc. You may be able to source from aftermarket. Good luck
First, identify who made it. Any identifying marks. Any numbers. Go forward from there. If you have numbers, plug them into Google. It may take right to an aftermarket source, if you're lucky.
My job is supplying parts for Volvo ADT's and i can hand an heart say you won't find any repair kit for that bit, i have tried for years :-( we can supply the ball bearings but you will need a close approximation of the spring, the worse bit will be you will have to manufacture your own socket and key as these are normally corroded as well as the socket and guide sleeve on the big spring, from memory the part you are on about is what hold the valve in the "float" position, if your only using it every know and again i wouldn't bother trying to fix it just remove that part and it'll be fine, if however you are using it a lot on a haul road it won't do your hydraulics any good, I wonder if you can make a bracket in the cab to hold the lever in a float position? ** update** i have taken a close look at an old valve block, they were made by VOAC monsun-tison, which was originally a joint venture between Volvo and Atlas Copco, Parker bought them out back in 1996 just as Volvo will have been thinking about phasing out C series trucks, so Parker probably didn't even bother continuing them. they also have nothing like it listed on current web pages. **** further update**** i have managed to disassemble a cap and that part ( broke the cap to do it) the balls are 5mm and a spring looks to be 6mm o/d 3.5mm i/d and approx 12mm - 14mm long mine are corroded on the end, the problem is knowing the strength of the spring