Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo A30/35/40 D service reset

simonsrplant · 2017-12-20 11:56

Would someone kindly remind me of the procedure to reset the service interval warning on these trucks. Many thanks in advance

Replies11
  1. #1funwithfuel2017-12-20 16:27

    On D series, you scroll down in engine menu to where it shows hours left. Press select key til numbers and background flip, then select again. Some models require a contronics service tool. Good luck

  2. #2funwithfuel2017-12-20 16:29

    And you can't reset with more than 8 hours remaining.

  3. #3simonsrplant2017-12-20 17:23

    Thank you sir I’ll be experimenting with Texa software once the cables arrive...

  4. #4funwithfuel2017-12-20 17:39

    Please report back with what you can and can't do with that. Im sure many on here will be interested. Thank you

  5. #5ckblum2017-12-29 23:15

    Very interested in hearing about that Texa software, I just recently found out about it the other day. Been trying to find a discussion or something on it, anyone have any more info or a link to a thread?

  6. #6simonsrplant2018-01-21 13:33

    I have now received both Volvo construction cables so will be trying it out this week if I get a chance. That would be my first complaint about Texa, dealer network is small and it takes a while to get hardware through.

  7. #7rmllarue912023-09-27 19:27

    Hey did you ever have any luck with Texa onnd series volvos

  8. #8KisstDiagnostics2024-08-04 23:30

    What questions do you have, I work on Volvos with my TEXA

  9. #9jjesse472025-11-15 23:20

    I have a TAD194ge Volvo in a generator I am trying to connect with my Texa. It jas a 6 pin deutch labled j1587 ( j1708 ). I made up a cable to connect the J1708 + and negative to terminals F and E ( j1708 )on my 9 pin j1939 / j1708 connector. I am wondering if this will work or does Texa look for differnet pins when you use the Volvo 6 pin cable from texa. In order to use the Texa Volvo 6 pin I also need to buy the power supply cable / adapter to conect to my TXT. I assume the j1708 is pinned to the same terminals no matter what cable you use.

  10. #10funwithfuel2025-11-15 23:22

    That's not technically Volvo CE, thats Volvo Penta. Still uses SAE J codes but the software to interpret is slightly different. Verify your TEXA software is compatible with Penta engine software.

  11. #11jjesse472025-11-16 07:44

    It says it is compatible with Volvo Penta. NO Luck connecting with both Texa and the Nexiq validator