I can't seem to get the parking brake to release. My air pressure gauge is in the green zone. I can't get the release lever to move. I can't get the little collar on the knob to move up or down in case that has anything to do with it. I tried in gear, f and r, neutral, tried with foot brake on and off. Am I missing something? I have never drove this thing or any other haul truck. My friend drove it onto my property when it was delivered. TIA for any help
No ideas anyone?
collar needs to move up so you can disengage the park brake, pull it up and it should then move, have you tried moving the lever in opposite direction first as you pull up the collar, they sometimes get a little grove worn in the shaft.
I tried all sorts of stuff with that. The cab window on that side has been open for a few years, maybe it is frozen. I will look from underneath the panel and hit it with some PB Blaster. Thanks.
PB got it! I still had to drag it around with the excavator though, something about 6 bald tires and Tennessee clay mud... I did close that window at least! Thanks again.
Glad you got it going again