Hi Guys, i'm currently dealing with a Volvo A30G S/N VCE0A30GE00752904 with codes -SE2541-4 Exhaust aftertreatment Fault -EF2562-14 SCR Fault Active. i've contacted the "Dealer" and was told to flush the Adblue (DEF) System to no Avail. Does anyone have Experience with these machines and is able to help? PS. the machine is Brand new with 17 hours on the clock. its just been sitting in the yard for a couple of months
The SE2541-4 is an active sensor fault. That needs to repaired first. Sorry don’t have information on what sensor it is.
I don't have prosis in front of me at the moment. If the dealer told you to flush and fill, then the tank sensor must be compromised. Verify that it is connected, no damaged or bent terminals. Check that the harness is no damaged as far as reasonable. BTW, when the error showed, DEF empty, was it in fact empty or was this a false reading?
I think there was an update on the DEF tank headers you might check also with dealer to see if you’re machine is eligible
Try this attached, sounds like an issue with the refractometer in the def tank unit, looking at your location I highly doubt the temperature cold is an issue.
yes the picture was taken during the flush. to ensure that the level sensor was not the issue.
thank you very much. i will check it out as soon as possible
Then I would have the dealer reference any TSBs and service accordingly. Then they can reset the tamper timer and get you on your way
If you are able work the machine, get it hot and under load. Sometimes this corrects these faults. Make sure you have fresh clean DEF and change it out of not used for 6 months. It very well could be a bad armature. The machine should be under warranty of new, so let the dealer sort it out.
Good Morning all, Quick update. I messaged the dealer and they sent me a new ADblue DEF armature. I finaly got around to install it this weekend and it solved the issue. thank you all very much for the assistance.