Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo A35 E Steering Issues

ms0115 ยท 2025-05-14 20:10

Volvo A35E VCEOA35EC00010230 The brake hydraulic pump went out. I replaced it with a new unit. The brake function returned and the machine will now move again. However when sitting idling and you turn the wheel left or right you will hear a high pitch squeal. And the steering will begin to bounce when turning left or right. All linkages are tight. The noise seems to be coming from the block mounted to the left of the dump steer valve. On the top row of lines, the second from the right seems to be pulsing and the one in the end of the block that goes to the filter , then directly to the pump is pulsing at the block, but not at the pump. And the pump is maintaining steady pressure at the block. The noise will go away if you put the bed dump lever in the down position and the jerking will also stop. Another thing I noticed is while sitting in neutral or transporting a load the bed will start to creep up with the dump valve in neutral position. I have a manual and I have checked everything they have recommended, but I'm apparently missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1ms01152025-05-19 11:14

    While looking the machine over, I discovered the second hydraulic tank back is a lot hotter than the first tank. I think the issue I am having, is the pumps are staying at full pressure when everything should be neutralized out and this is causing the heat build up. I have disassembled the pump regulators and found no defects. The load signal line is cool while the rest of the lines around it are hot. So I am assuming no flow. I removed the valve and solenoid out of the pump and it is working properly. Is it possible that the pump could be stuck so it can not destroke itself and lessen the pressure causing the over heating and other issues?