Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo a35c, first haul truck

denalidigger ยท 2018-04-19 18:00

Hey guys, I'm looking at a 1997 Volvo a35c haul truck with 15,000 hours. I've rented them but sick of wasting $.. The truck is solid, mechanic said its good to go, oil samples great. Anything I should be aware of on these ? Thanks!!

Replies4
  1. #1funwithfuel2018-04-19 18:09

    Call Airings , see if their techs are up to supporting it. Not everyone can handle those old girls.

  2. #2funwithfuel2018-04-19 18:18

    Oh, also, find out history on trans and dropbox. Make sure there are no leaks on dropbox. Trans shifts through all gears. Verify your 6x6 works walk up a sheer face or something, while back axle is walking up and 2nd axle suspended, check spring blocks for cracks. Lastly check eye bushings of all A-stays. Make sure they're not blown out, no evidence of them walking around. Put steering lock in place, steer against the lock to check play in turning joint bearings and cylinder eye bushings

  3. #3funwithfuel2018-04-19 18:20

    Have you operated it yet?

  4. #4denalidigger2018-04-19 18:26

    I'm going to try it out for a week first, aring mechanics are going to check it over and run tests on it. Think it's awesome I get to use it for a week first tho! I've heard some a35c had problems getting parts etc