Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo a35d rear brake pressure not holding

Andrewk143 · 2024-12-13 07:46

Hi our Volvo a35d is struggling to hold brake pressure to the rear after a couple hours of running, it’ll drop while your sitting to get loaded and a little rev builds it straight back up, the front is holding pressure fine, I’m thinking it could be something as simple as a unloading/relief valve serial number is a35dv11947, Thanks again for any help

Replies3
  1. #1SlatcoAu2024-12-13 11:24

    I had a similar issue and it was the park brake. When stopped with the brake applied it was leaking air, when I was moving it was fine as there was no air going to that circuit then.

  2. #2funwithfuel2024-12-13 17:25

    Are you using the load/dump brake? Are you losing hydraulic pressure? Is your axle oil gaining?

  3. #3Andrewk1432024-12-14 02:33

    Yes tipping brake is getting used (button to the left of the tip lever) and the pressure is dropping once warm, and not gaining oil in axle no