Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo A35E Timing marks

Justin98 ยท 2022-10-16 18:49

Volvo A35E Serial #VCEOA35EC00010230 Can anyone tell me where all the timing marks are for the machine? (Equivalent to a MP8 Mack engine)

Replies4
  1. #1sfrs42022-10-17 03:50

    You have a D12DAAE3 in your A35E The TDC for Cylinder 1 is on the camshaft end and stationary mark is on the bearing cap, Note there is also 1 through 6 markings on there for checking inlet/exhaust and injector settings on the cam. There is also a TDC mark on the flywheel that can be seen by removing the cover next to the crank tool hole. If the indicator is missing, you can use a sharpened m6 x 50 bolt.

  2. #2ms01152022-10-17 19:52

    Thanks for the reply. The holes were covered where I could not see them. We found a zero with a line and aligned it with the bolt. Should the cam be all the way to one side of the double marks on the cap or in the middle? I will not have a tool kit to check it until the end of the week. It is all the way to the left mark on the cap if you facing the front of the motor. I appreciate the help. I did not start this in frame but I am having to finish it.

  3. #3sfrs42022-10-18 03:02

    Hi, so as the second picture shows, the mark on the cam should be exactly in the middle of the marks on the bearing.

  4. #4ms01152022-10-18 10:37

    Thanks, got it going this morning.