Looking for the proper charge amount for ac anyone that can help with that thanks abunch I'm getting a low oil pressure light on the engine but only in 6th gear around 1400rpm? ointhead which it rarely see's anyways im guessing a sensor issue as it appear to be the same sensor as the volvo/mack mp7 that im familier with and have sensor issues with also , there is 2 sensors one below the other on the left side near front of block ,which one is engine oil pressure I'm going to assume the second sensor is piston cooling jet pressure , unable to determine exact part number for this sensor or determine exactly which one it is , Im going to go out on a limb here and say it was probably doing this oil pressure light thing before I put the new tranny in it , my guys dont drive it past 5 th gear makes to much dust , any help with this one I would be thankfull for also , have a good weekend yall. :usa
hi walker metric charge for A40D is 2.3 kg +/- 0.1 kg Are you saying that the low oil pressure light is gear dependant? or at 1400 rpm in any gear including neutral? also which engine are we talking about could be either D12C or D12D depending on serial number break? Mark
thanks for the ac info.. it is a d12d engine , just installed a reman transmission and was test driving iit around the site , when I got it into 6th mid throttle the light came on i found this very odd. so I ran it manual in evey gear up to full throttle with varying loads and hills up to 5th gear and all was well. but when I get it into 6th and even being easy on flat level ground about 1400 rpm my oil light started coming on again .on this d12d engine is there an easy spot to tap into the oil gally for a manual pressure guage . thanks
ac works much better now it had 7.8 pounds in it instead of the 5 lbs it is supposed to have after converting it from kg.. test drove truck after words to see some more on the oil pressure light issue now its coming on in all gears regardless of load around 1700 rpm. after the the engine warms up and oil temp is around 210 F .:Banghead no way to plug into truck and cant seem to find a good place to tap into oil system for a guage mostly do to a lack of flat face fittings, I was going to tee into the air compressor oil supply line but I need to get a flat face swivel tee to do so
does any one know how to reset the maintence timer on the display I would really like it to quit showing me the wrench and triangle icon and stay in the normal screen
UPDATE oil pressure problem fixxed I aquired a mack oil pressure sensor of a mack mp7(volvo D13E engine) , that seemed to take care of it but on monday one of the trucks is going to be showing a piston cooling jet pressure low fault :tong.. so my last issue is the service maintence wrench timer hour glass is at 000 need to reset it so the triangle warning light goes out if anyone can help with that ,That would be great the book in the cab has turned to dust so i have no idea how to reset it ,if that info was even in the operation manual
walkerv you can only reset the service display if the option has been enabled, if not its a vcads tool job! you have pm
I sure hope it was enabled i have vcads for the mack trucks but i dont have the comm adaptors for the equipment , I left you my email in your pm you sent me thanks
Walker I would be careful just swapping sensors as they probably do not have the same values through their range. If you are experiencing a low oil pressure warning have you even verified the oil pressure when the fault occurs? I have found in the past these symptoms are a result of oil system problems not sensor problems. How long has the oil been in the engine? Is it losing viscosity due to breakdown or fuel dilution? If you have Techtool you will need the cables and the dealer will have to request you have access to be able to see construction equipment. There are fees associated with this.
I called volvo to make sure it was the same sensor , the mack engine uses the same sensor for fuel and oil pressures it directly crossed to my old d12d oil pressure sensor . my truck has been running for 2 days now with no problems this particular style of sensor is known for problems in the mack. I normally have 3 in stock just for the mack trucks with mp7 engine which is a volvo d13e engine . I do appreciate your concern Ben on just swapping sensors I assure you I didnt just swap them without some research first .I was going to put a mechanical guage on the engine but that engine has metric everything in it and I wasnt able to come up with the fittings I needed at the time . When I saw that the sensor looked identical to the one in a mack I started my research
The sensors do not fail within a portion of their working range. They generally fail and not get better. The lower limit for oil press at which trigger the fault/light is not a fixed value. it varies in a curve with rpm. As I stated when I see machines that trigger the oil pressure light at working rpm but not at idle it is pretty much always due to low oil pressure or oil viscosity issues. One machine came from NC with 500 hrs on the oil and viscosity had broken down so far the oil light would come on between 1400-1600 rpms especially when being pulled down due to load. I still recommend checking the oil pressure. Your dealer can supply you with the specs if need be. The thread on the sensor is just a M16x1.5. Most competent technicians should have an adapter in their tool box to fit this. Or it can be viewed by using Techtool or older VCADS.
nah my oil only had 25 hrs on it, the mack truck I swapped sensors with had active piston cooling jet pressure fault and engine derate the next day , my a40d is still running fine with no more oil pressure warnings I did order an adaptor fitting when it comes in im going to double check with a mechanical guage but its all pointing to the sensor being faulty as proven by the donor mack I stole the sensor from .