Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC 160 B stall no hydraulics issue

duddor · 2025-04-08 13:28

I’ve got a 05 160 B excavator and in the middle of tracking it stalled with no hydraulic or tracking functions. Motor runs fine as it should. FU 15 fuse was blown and looking at a diagram that fuse goes straight to RE 3701 and RE 3702. With both of those relays disconnected the fuse still blows. Do I have an issue between those relays and the fuse? The safety switch works as it should as I have tested it for continuity. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Replies9
  1. #1Ben Witter2025-04-08 17:26

    Serial number?

  2. #2duddor2025-04-08 19:36

    EC160V10996

  3. #3Ben Witter2025-04-09 11:01

    Remove FU15 and RE3701 and RE3702 then check for continuity from the load side of of FU15 to ground. If there is continuity then yes there is a short to ground somewhere between the fuse and the relays.

  4. #4duddor2025-04-09 13:42

    Thank you sir I will certainly try that as soon as I can. Thank so much.

  5. #5duddor2025-04-11 16:41

    With the fuse out and both relays out, I do not have continuity between ground and load side of the fuse holder. With fuse in I do have 24 V on each side until the safety lever is flipped up and it blows immediately. With that, would it be between the fuse and Safety switch?

  6. #6Ben Witter2025-04-11 17:47

    FU15 should not be connected to the safety lever circuit unless someone has cobbled up the circuit. FU12 should be power for the safety switch and solenoid circuit.

  7. #7duddor2025-04-11 17:51

    I’ll keep poking away at it. Thanks.

  8. #8Ben Witter2025-04-11 18:47

    Yes if you see on SCH12 you will see FU12 is the power for SE8501 which then goes to MA9108. Those circuits should not be related. Someone could have jumped from FU15 to power SE8501 at some point I suppose.

  9. #9duddor2025-04-15 23:34

    It ended up being a bad coil on the solenoid valve! Thanks for the help!