Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo Ec 330b how to switch controls

Jbx62 ยท 2015-03-08 18:36

Hi there new member to the forum. I've recently purchased a Volvo Ec330b that is set for John Deere style hydraulic controls. I'm looking to switch over to cat controls but have had no luck finding any diagrams or guides. Can anyone help?

Replies7
  1. #1clintm2015-03-08 18:38

    I think that there is a valve in the door behind the cab I have a junked one that I can look at tomorrow if no one else chimes in

  2. #2Jbx622015-03-08 18:43

    Ok didn't see a valve behind there today but will look again. Should have mentioned that the machine is an '03. Any clue what the valve looks like?

  3. #3Steve 6502015-03-08 18:52

    depending when the machine was ordered, this valve is or not installed (option) . you will have to swap hoses if not!

  4. #4farmerlund2015-03-08 21:26

    If you have the valve it doesn't look like a normal type. Its about 3" in diameter with a bolt for a handle. there is another bolt to remove to let it rotate.

  5. #5cuttin edge2015-03-08 22:36

    Gonna ask a stupid question.....why is it called John Deere or Cat controls..... I am aware of the difference in back hoe, excavator pattern, just never heard it called that before.

  6. #6uffex2015-03-09 06:27

    View attachment Pattern Change.pdf Good day Jbx62 If you do nt have a pattern changing valve installed here is the complete instructions. Kind reagrds Uffex

  7. #7Jbx622015-03-09 13:30

    Back again I appreciate all of the replies we're currently working on switching the controls over using uffex's pdf. Should go well