I am having abit of trouble with my Volvo, it will bring the injection failure fault on the screen after about 2-3 minutes of working. My rail pressure is about 550 bar fluctuating + or - 100 bar on idle. I have replaced the rail control valve, pressure sensor, relive valve, filters, lift pump and injectors have been checked and are ok and I have also capped each one separately and started the engine and rail pressure if still fluctuating so assume it’s not the injectors. The high pressure pumps are also putting up enough pressure. Is there any chance the exhaust burner is linked there seems to be abit of a noise just before the code comes up and it seems to be coming from it. Very greatfull for any help
140 D or E?
I think it’s ec140b
So, earliest I can find with common rail is the C-series. I attached files for a 6 but it's the same procedure with 2 less holes. In pressure testing, I would monitor rail pressure the way you have been, not with any janky hoses. Too dangerous. Good luck and be safe. Fuel in the rail can exceed 23k psi or 1500 bar.