Hi im looking for some help with a problem im having with a volvo EC140Blc, serial no- EC140BLCV10461 which wont go into fast track when the switch is operated, i had a look at it today and as far as i can see it is a negative switched system, i take it when the switch is operated it opens a solenoid valve allowing more oil flow to the track motors but i cant find the valve,ive had every cover off the machine apart from the one on the undercarraige but i thought it would have been on the top half of the digger, am i right in thinking that this is how it works or am i completely wrong? cheers kev
Wish I had an answer for you, but I can offer this. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise, I tell anyone that runs one of my excavators, that the high speed travel is only for emergencies. In my humble opinion running around @ high speeds only wears out the undercariage quickly. That's not to say that I don't ever use it myself, but when I do, I don't like it. I'm sure it's something you need though, so I hope you get a better answer than this one, good luck.
Hi Kev, There should be a box of relays depending on the year of your machine behind a cover on the fuel tank just above the tool box (hard plastic panel) On the early B series they had a lot of relays, but change it on the later ones, not sure which relay but the cover should tell you! The solenoids should be behind the cab at the radiators eher 3 or 6 of them, not sure from memory which one but il check in the morning for you, this should give you something to work with for now! Aiden
Hi thanks for the replys, im wondering where the valve is located so i can check it is functioning or whether the problem is electrical or hydraulic, cheers kev
Cant you follow the line from the turning joint? On the 290's there is a common line that gets split into two. There are 4 lines on the travel motor, 2 for pressure, 1 for park prake and one high speed. I think there are 6 lines coming out of the turning joint, 4 for travel, 1 for park brake and one for high speed. The park brake will link up to the slew motor so have a look where the other thin line goes. Hope that helps, good luck.