Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC160blc

D-ROM ยท 2017-10-25 23:09

This machine will start but not operate. It is acting like safety lever is down, pilot circuit is not active. I know the safety lever switch is functioning because machine will not start when it is up. I am currently charging my old laptop to see if service manual is still there, I downloaded a few years ago when this customer was having problems with throttle control. Does anyone know offhand what relay is controlled by the safety switch? If I am correct in identifying pilot circuit shutoff solenoid then it is getting power and controls did not respond when I jumper wired it. That was all I ventured to try without service manual and diagram. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Dan Romano D-ROM Machine Repair LLC 3475028669

Replies6
  1. #1uffex2017-10-26 13:02

    Good day D-rom Please see attached Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2D-ROM2017-10-26 18:34

    Thank you. I have gotten the machine moving using this method. Upon arrival of service manual tomorrow, I will try to determine the cause of the failure. Dan

  3. #3funwithfuel2017-10-26 22:30

    The 2 other solenoid should be high speed travel and something else. It escapes me right now. The point is all 3 magnet coils are the same part. You can swap one for another so long as you switch the plug also. We have done this many times in a pinch to get up and running and for confirmation of a bad coil. I would start there as it is the most likely to fail.

  4. #4D-ROM2017-11-03 18:25

    Thank you. After manually actuating safety solenoid, machine now functions normally. The solenoid was difficult to depress leading me to believe it was stuck. I will swap if it gives trouble again. Dan

  5. #5funwithfuel2017-11-03 18:29

    Dealer will give you a hassle. Gonna try to sell you entire 3 valve bank. Demand he look for magnet or coil in subassembly Glad it worked for you.

  6. #6D-ROM2017-11-03 18:34

    I was referring to swapping with neighbor coil. I have found coils available also so I will order a couple to have on hand. Thanks