I have a new to me Volvo EC160DL that has an issue cranking when it warms up. The machine is in like new condition with 1500 hours on it. It starts fine at the start of the day when the engine is cold. Once the temperature comes up and it warms up if you turn the machine off it usually takes about 10 seconds of cranking before it starts if it starts. I have replaced the belt driven feed pump with a new volvo pump to no avail. It has all new filters and no leaks visible. I believe the issue lies in the rail pressure. I have been into the service mode on the monitor and see when it does start good in the morning that the rail pressure jumps to 10k at idle and the feed pressure is around 85psi. However, when you turn it off and try to start it when it is warm the feed pressure gets to around 15psi cranking the engine over and the rail pressure slowly builds to 1500 psi and it will start at that point. As soon as it starts the rail pressure jumps to the 10k as it should. I believe the issue is it is not building rail pressure fast enough when warm. I should also state that when it does start and run there are zero issues and runs perfect. No codes, misses, or smoke. I would like to get it figured out before having to haul it to a dealer as a last option. Any ideas? Thanks for the help....
You may have an injector going bad. What happens is the injector has zero tolerance for any impurities especially water. If the injector is compromised internally it will allow rail pressure to drain to tank. If you have the means to isolate returns from one another, you can determine if it's injector return or rail safety. You're going to have high return from the FCV since it's high volume low pressure from the lift pump. I suspect you have one or more injectors that are hurt and showing the symptoms when warm and expanded
Hello I need some help with a JCB mini excavator 8029. I work on excavator but this little one got me stud. The main cylinder will go up but not down but when you pull back on the travel boom go's up this is a good sign that it's leaking past the spool
Ok. I thought that might be the case, but wanted to make sure there was nothing obvious I was overlooking. I actually called my local dealer the end of last week and was quoted $800 per each reman injector. I thought this was high being most Bosch injectors I have bought in the past seemed to be $300-$500. Are there any sources that you could recommend for injectors and tubes? I would like to stay with oem. Thanks again
Good day L Do you have a hydraulic schematic for the 8029, better to start a separate thread. Kind regards Uffex
I would not entertain aftermarket or reman when it comes to HPCR injectors... unless, the dealer is doing the job and must stand behind the parts and labor.