Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC210

Nick Drew ยท 2007-05-20 16:19

Heres a selection of pics of myself at the controls of a Volvo EC210 on a road construction job last year, this machine has recently been replaced by a Komatsu PC210-8

Replies7
  1. #1skata2007-05-20 16:40

    looks nice. are the JCB excavators popular over there, being that they are made in england.

  2. #2Nick Drew2007-05-20 16:46

    Yes Skata, They are quite popular over here, they definately have a strong fan base here, they are good machines, I think a lot of people here buy them thinking they are being patriotic but they seem to forget that they are really based on Japenese technology. I will post some pics of JCB's real soon

  3. #3thejdman042007-05-31 11:33

    Nice keep them coming

  4. #4Ross2007-05-31 12:50

    Tidy machines JCB's. They have the greatest market share in the UK when it comes to Backhoe Loaders. They make a decent Telehandlers too. Ross

  5. #5garyhh442007-05-31 14:51

    Very good picks Thanks for sharing Nick.You all have a very good day.:usa

  6. #6Gmads2007-05-31 22:44

    I recently read that JCB just moved to number 3 in the world in construction equipment sales. The next obvious question is how do the Volvo and Komatsu compare in your opinion? Have you had a chance at the new 'C' series Volvo excavator?

  7. #7Nick Drew2007-06-03 05:50

    JCB no3 in the world !!! Not bad for a little firm that started out from a small garage lock up!! Volvo -V- Komatsu ....I still think that the Komatsu is the better product and I am hearing great reports about the new Dash-8 machines in fact the company that I was operating that old Volvo EC210 for Luke Furse has recently chopped it in for a new PC210-8 and the y are well impessed with it. Can't really comment on the C series Volvo's yet as have not seen one in the field so far, I hope they have refined the hydraulics a bit to help with the grading:beatsme That old EC210 although looking good cosmetically had seen better days it could be hard work digging with her especially when she got hot..."You would have a job to pull the skin off a rice pudding" !! :Banghead