Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC210 BLC 2005

raivoj ยท 2013-04-27 04:16

Hello.I have a problem Volvo EC210 BLc excavator:first error code 187 and second 140SID 231. Engine will not stop the ignition switch,only manually. Then the engine will not start and error 140 SID 231. When the engine starts running it idle, does not work work turns.Some time after all the running and repeated again after 30 min working. What is the problem?

Replies12
  1. #1uffex2013-04-27 10:13

    Good day Raivoj From the archives of our information 187 is related to that of the Engine computer (ECU) and the sub heading 231 is pointing to that of communications, please try the machine in manual mode and report the findings. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2raivoj2013-04-28 01:49

    Hello Uffex. In Manual mode the machine is running.In the beginning there were problems integrating the transition to manual.When you switch to manual management could not start the engine.Disconnect the cable VECU and after a few hours after I connected back.And machine began to work in manual mode.Automatic mode will start, but it is not the work turns.

  3. #3uffex2013-04-28 08:22

    Good day Raivoj I suggest we begin by checking out the basics - are there any history of problems relating to this issue - please check both power and ground to the ECU - when did this issue appear - has any welding taken place - has the machine struck any power cables - sorry for all the questions but we are trying to build a picture. Regards Uffex

  4. #4raivoj2013-04-28 12:45

    Hello.I been working for this machine only a month.I Dont know the history of the machine.Problems started right at the beginning but got worse this week.Within a month, not welding or near power lines worked.TomorrowI check the ground of the cables and power cords to ECU.

  5. #5nixs2013-05-13 01:59

    The V-ecu is bad. Change that, all symptoms is pointing at a faulty ecu.

  6. #6watglen2013-05-13 07:28

    I have a EC240blc and have had similar issues. I was getting all sorts of weird codes. The machine would start, run, but stall under even the tiniest load. Another time the I had all functions but not bucket uncouple. After chasing my tail for a bit, I figured out it was the relays in the relay panel. They are interconnected in odd ways. If one gets a little weak it creates all sorts of problems. Before spending a lot of money, operate the machine and have someone wiggle the relays. They are $12 each here. Pretty simple and cheap fix once you find it. Good luck Ken

  7. #7Pietraslion2015-02-18 11:19

    Welcome I have a problem on two machines at Volvo EC210BLC and Komatsu WB97S-2 The Volvo EC210 BLC have damaged Vecu, The Komatsu have damaged the Transmisions ECU Carraro. Is the ECU can fix it? And who will take to repair? Greetings

  8. #8Mack42552016-05-25 22:35

    Did a ecu fix the problem . I have same machine with similar problems.

  9. #9Pietraslion2016-05-26 15:16

    So I worked it out. I sent the driver VECU to the company mtechnics from Polish. They did in 2 days;-)

  10. #10karanbindra2019-09-03 20:07

    Hello Volvo 210 blc engine ecu repairing can any ecu technician help

  11. #11funwithfuel2019-09-03 20:52

    Please open a new thread describing your situation with as many details as possible.

  12. #12ashfaq2019-10-18 03:09

    Hi Can anybody please help . I have a volvo EW 160 b , the machine had a problem with the TECU in auto mode , it was not crawling and i was using it in manual mode . Today it gave an error of 187 sid 231 9 with a diagram of two ECU,S and wires which show a cross on them . The batteries got completely drained over night after this problem.