Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo ec210b

Brent Norris ยท 2021-01-28 17:27

Im located north of Beaumont in Saratoga, Tx. Im trying to find someone other than Romco to work on A volvo excavator with cpu problems. Anyone with any knowledge or direction? thanks

Replies15
  1. #1BigWrench552021-01-28 19:18

    What is the issue that you are having?

  2. #2Brent Norris2021-01-29 11:50

    Im having cpu failure and the unit will not fire up now. i went to switch power to limp mode and that doesnt work either :/

  3. #3BigWrench552021-01-29 11:54

    Post your serial number and any codes you have and when I have a chanc . I will see if I can point you in the right direction

  4. #4Brent Norris2021-01-29 12:30

    I'll post a few more also

  5. #5Brent Norris2021-01-29 12:34

    Error codes Psid 203-09, 201-09, 202-09, 216-09, 200-09. I've been told there's common problems with wiring harness and cpu on these machines, great machine when she's running.

  6. #6funwithfuel2021-01-29 12:55

    That's a 210C , the Bs were problematic. Behind the cab, in your fuse box, there should be a relay RE 3301 if I remember correctly. Please swap that one with one for horn. In the meantime I will see if I can find better information

  7. #7Brent Norris2021-01-29 13:10

    I will check that and update asap.

  8. #8BigWrench552021-01-29 15:32

    I just looked up those codes. The first thing I would check is the emergency kill switch at the bottom of the seat. Next I would check these relays,RE3101,RE3102,RE3103,and RE3301. Check your fuses for these relays. My bet is on the kill switch on the seat or relay RE3103.

  9. #9BigWrench552021-02-06 22:17

    ?

  10. #10funwithfuel2021-02-06 22:28

    Maybe its snowing, yeah, that's it.

  11. #11BigWrench552021-02-06 23:25

    I'm thinking that someone flipped the kill switch and doesn't want to admit this. If wasn't fixed he certainly would have been back asking questions.

  12. #12farmerlund2021-02-07 13:31

    Do they all have the kill switch? I have had mine a long time and had no idea there was one. Where is it at?

  13. #13funwithfuel2021-02-07 15:47

    Some C series and newer have them. They are typically located at the seat frame base.

  14. #14suladas2021-02-07 15:52

    I'm glad i'm not the only one who had no idea about this kill switch. Now i'm going to have to look on mine.

  15. #15Brent Norris2021-02-08 13:20

    I honestly havent had time to mess with it. Cant do any work with the wet ass clay im in anyways. I will update asap.