Looking at getting a new processor, either a Volvo EC250E or a Deere 2154, I havn't had much experience with a Volvo Machine, lots with a Deere. I really like Volvo's fuel guarantee and hate the consumption of a Deere. However, Deers' price is lower. Would love your two cents. Was going to put a Waratah 622C on either one. Cheers.
Volvo has the nicer cab and burns less fuel per hour. The Volvo forestry package has come leaps and bounds over what you used to get. The Deere has more hyd power and performance. After being around both it makes it a tough call and I used to really not like the Volvos. Who will service you better? Have you thought about a SouthStar instead of a waratah?
Have thought of southstar, but theres been good solid feedback with the 622c, leaner so I can pick from the deck easier, do like the 360 rotate, and less fuel burn than the southstar. same price as well. Southstar needs to come into reality with their service first before I look harder at them. They are still too small. And must do their own service work which I enjoy employing my dealers service guys to do rather. Interesting thought about the deer volvo, the service I get from the Volvo dealer here in BC is fantastic, so is deere though.
I would go with a Southstar on a Linkbelt myself but that probably doesn't help your decision sorry
Deere or link belt with a pierce GP. Volvo excavator service in Oregon and Washington is limited.....My two bits..............TIO