Hello, I have a ec290blc excavator and it seems to be stucked in high speed mode. The engine goes up fine but when hydraulic power is applied rpm starts to slow down so it needs to release function to prevent unit from entirely shutting down. Any suggestion? Would appreciate any help. Thanks, Alex
Sounds like a fuel problem, change fuel filters, check fuel lines and tank for debris.
Good day PM The D7 engine needs 4.5 - 5 bars of fuel feed pressure, the small gear pump driven by belts supplies this. The pump housing has a couple of check valves these are provided for bleeding. I suggest you fix a pressure gauge after filter see if you are getting enough pressure if not try nipping the fuel leak line runs from the common gallery back to tank. If you need pics go to excatech.com you can get them from there. Regards Uffex
faulty fuel pump. Very helpfull info. Thanks, Hingie (eddmeddm)
I have Ec290B same issue with this.. Already replace fuel feed pump still the same result.. I notice that the gallery fuel overflow valve can blow by my ... It is possible? .
That’s why you don’t just go and replace components willy-nilly! You need to properly diagnose systems and find out where the problem is and then fix it. People on this forum can only give you possibilities and steer you in to directions. Overflow valve, fuel filter, tank strainer ... Problems like this is either engine problems or torque limiters not working properly! I always suggest check engine first.
Was your machine sitting idle for long time before use?
could be your hydraulic pump or some hydraulic valve telling the pump to go full volume. My Cat 320 had a wire disconnected behind the seat and every time I'd go to move something the engine would die . discovered the wire off , installed it and everything is good .