Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC290BLR ECU issues [ pictures ]

maquinariawiebe · 2011-04-28 12:27

We finally found out what the issue was with our volvo excavator. It turns out one of the Volvo engine ecu modules was flooded with water, and burned out. Are there any companys where I could bring mine to get fixed. Our buy a reman and exchange the core? There are lots of companys where I can do this with truck ECM's but I can't find anyplace for construction equipment like this. Any suggestions....?

Replies13
  1. #1hammerman2011-04-28 13:09

    WAOOo,this elctronic cards are very expensive,hope you can repair it, however I think other new one could be the best option...I have had a lot of problems with less than your pic.Good luck

  2. #2>HevyIndsMFGng<2011-04-28 13:25

    Ok you clearly cant repair this lol. The places I marked on the image were my two main concerns. A whole section of the PCB (printed circuit board) is missing and it looks like most of those diodes and transistors where the arrow is pointing have corroded onto the board making it unusable. Have you tried contacting your dealer or volvo about getting a new circuit board? Talking to your volvo dealer or volvo themselves would be the first place I would suggest looking.

  3. #3hammerman2011-04-28 13:51

    I talk you as operator,I can tell you it wasn´t easy to get other one,this is not an usual spare, in my case the card came from Sweden,later to ask in all volvo centers in Spain.

  4. #4maquinariawiebe2011-04-28 14:27

    I kind of assumed that I wouldn't be able to fix, didn' hurt asking. New oem it costs about $3700. Considering the model and year thats not to bad at all. I am trying to find a reman, or something where i can exchange this one, but I doubt i'll find anything. Thought I'd give it a try.

  5. #5Per Eriksson2011-04-29 17:03

    Yo could try giving them a ring here, http://www.almeboda-maskinservice.se/CM.php?PageID=24433 It's a swedish company spezialized in junking volvo and åkerman excavators.

  6. #6maquinariawiebe2011-04-29 17:49

    This company qouted me @ $2400. http://www.heavypartsolution.com/ Would you trust a company like this...? I always have doubts when purchasing on the other side of the world, but they seem reputable.

  7. #7MitchSA2011-04-30 01:27

    You can buy reman from Volvo. Just add a 90 after the VOE in the part number. Give me the Serial no of the machine and I can check for you.

  8. #8maquinariawiebe2011-05-02 17:01

    Ec290v13625

  9. #9cps2011-05-02 18:08

    Considering they are from the same town city as the Volvo Excavator is made they could be trust worhy enough!

  10. #10MitchSA2011-05-03 13:52

    Okay, Reman is available here in South Africa so you will have to check with your local Volvo Dealer, they should be able to order from Sweden. It takes 7 days to get here from Sweden so must be similar for you. The part no for a new ECU is VOE60100002 Reman part no is VOE9060100002 Hope you come right. Mitch

  11. #11maquinariawiebe2011-06-08 13:08

    So we plugged in the new, original, OEM volvo ecu. Who would of guessed it..? The machine still doesn't operate. Back to sqaure one

  12. #12SFOSTER892011-07-02 19:43

    Just a stab in the dark here. If your ECU is that bad inside and i can see the metal screws corroded, have you checked the pins on the ECU plug, or the harness that the ECU plug connects to?

  13. #13CTP2023-01-07 02:10

    Quality materials - made with high-quality EPDM rubber cups and boots for long-lasting performance Professionally tested - wheel cylinder bores are surface-tested to ensure an optimum sealing surface for the pressure cups Sustituto ideal: diseñado específicamente para coincidir directamente con el cilindro de la rueda del freno de tambor original en vehículos específicos Solución rentable: sustituir el cilindro mientras se hace el servicio de los frenos de tambor es la forma más rápida y segura de garantizar el rendimiento de los frenos Materiales de calidad: hecho con tapas y fuelles de goma de EPDM de alta calidad para un rendimiento de larga duración