Recently purchased a 2007 Volvo EC700B machine. Came with a 58" heavy digging tooth bucket and I would like to purchase a larger capacity sand bucket for it. Have located a company that has a 6 yard and also 7 yard bucket available. Any thoughts on what might be better for a machine of this size? Could it handle a 7 yard without too much issue? Ill included a few pics to show the style of bucket im looking at. Thanks!
You're gonna dredge with a 700?
I believe there were 2 options for cwt . One that matches the profile and one that was obviously larger. I would guess, if it's already supporting a big tooth ripper bucket, you'll be fine with anything hanging off the stick
Here is the machine showing the counterweight thats on it. Do you have much experience around a 700B like this? I remember you helped me out quite a bit a few years back when I was overhauling the engine in my EC460B... I believe our local dealer has never sold or serviced one of these bigger machines. Would be interesting to know how many were actually built!
Also around our area, this style of "sand bucket" is more common than a basic general purpose tooth bucket
It's basically a n EC460 on roids. Instead of the 13 it has the 16 liter. The power comes in around 1600 rpm vs 2k . So fuel is conserved some. I honestly don't think you'd ever really reach the potential of that machine. I had a customer who purchased one strictly for unloading barges. That should tell you how fine the controls are. There were a few bugs in the early days. Cylinder lock valves were binding, arm cylinder had air which caused the worse case of dieseling I've ever seen. Once we worked through those bugs, it was routine maintenance after that. It's a great machine provided it's taken care of. I stopped by there last year, still no major issues. That machine was fitted with a long arm and a standard slab. It was rock steady. I'm sure you'll be fine
Awesome! This machine seems to be in really nice shape. Was a 1 owner machine and came with excellent service/maintenance records. Its definitely cleaner than my 460 is. I believe they also made a 700C series machine but not sure how different those are, from looking at pics online they seem fairly similar.
Here's a really poor shot of her right after we hung the arm and bucket, still no slab on her at the time. We had to use the arm to pull the side frames out, they were stowed for transport.
The C series had different hydraulics, more sensors, different electrical system and I believe EGR rocker arms.
That looks to be a very large tooth bucket on that one!
Heres how they transported it in to me a few weeks ago!
It was as wide as most loader buckets. I could stand up in it. That ain't saying much, I'm only 5'4" . We took the ripper teeth off and put really long spade teeth on it. It was for off-loading mulch from barges.
Good day The attched may be of interest. Kind regards Uffex
Out of the album